Original Sin

Martin Hash

Original Sin

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:58 am

I heard a great YouTube explanation of the difference between the Left and the Right, and though he didn't say what I'm about to, he did give me the insight.

The difference between the Left and the Right is Original Sin, which has a lot of religious baggage which may cause some people to stop listening. Original Sin is the Catholic idea that babies are born evil and must accept Jesus Christ as their redeemer, meaning to follow Christ's lead to overcome their evil ways and be allowed into the Kingdom of God. (This was my Mormon definition anyway.) It sounds ridiculous on its face but that's because it's become an icon without the true meaning getting through. In reality, Original Sin is the concept that people are born "evil:" envy, resentment, greed, avarice, selfishness, malevolence, spite, perversity; and society attempts to overcome those predilections, always on the precipice of failure. Said like that, I fully embrace that view of babies, which makes be on the Right because the Left believes people are born "good" and society refines that and is only dragged back by people who don't believe in that principle. In fact, the Left goes so far as to believe the Right, as people who don't believe, are evil, while the Right simply believes the Left is naive, and can be convinced of the reality of the situation if just presented with enough evidence. The Left then views the procurement of that evidence as manufacturing evidence, reinforcing their evil view of the Right.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Re: Original Sin

Post by Haumana » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:39 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:58 am
I heard a great YouTube explanation of the difference between the Left and the Right, and though he didn't say what I'm about to, he did give me the insight.

The difference between the Left and the Right is Original Sin, which has a lot of religious baggage which may cause some people to stop listening. Original Sin is the Catholic idea that babies are born evil and must accept Jesus Christ as their redeemer, meaning to follow Christ's lead to overcome their evil ways and be allowed into the Kingdom of God. (This was my Mormon definition anyway.) It sounds ridiculous on its face but that's because it's become an icon without the true meaning getting through. In reality, Original Sin is the concept that people are born "evil:" envy, resentment, greed, avarice, selfishness, malevolence, spite, perversity; and society attempts to overcome those predilections, always on the precipice of failure. Said like that, I fully embrace that view of babies, which makes me on the Right because the Left believes people are born "good" and society refines that and is only dragged back by people who don't believe in that principle. In fact, the Left goes so far as to believe the Right, as people who don't believe, are evil, while the Right simply believes the Left is naive, and can be convinced of the reality of the situation if just presented with enough evidence. The Left then views the procurement of that evidence as manufacturing evidence, reinforcing their evil view of the Right.
I am becoming a believer more and more as I gain life experience. Society needs mooring. See the current push towards normalizing MAPs and other weirdos. Degradation is a universal constant and requires vigilance/discipline to stave off. That is the enemy that was beyond the wall that is now within our midst. The pervasiveness can, and very might well be, overwhelming.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:41 pm

I'm pretty sure Witch burning in the 15th and 16th C was just about culling proto feminists
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:45 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:41 pm
I'm pretty sure Witch burning in the 15th and 16th C was just about culling proto feminists
Hmmm… Makes morbid sense.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change