Ex-Amigos

Martin Hash

Ex-Amigos

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:39 pm

I almost created an ex-friend yesterday, or should I say he almost created one. He's a supposed Republican but when I explained how COVID was the greatest sham ever perpetrated on the world, he insinuated I was a conspiracy theorist. He said he'd never heard any of what I told him before, implying it must not be true. I told him all his news sources are censored and compromised. He then made a vague allusion to some guy he'd heard of that believes giant aliens were being hidden under the White House, insinuating that's how outrageous I was. I asked if he knew any other world's only-ever simultaneously licensed doctor, lawyer, accountant & engineer, 3 doctorates, author of 20+ books, traveled to 100+ countries, creator of 1000+ political podcasts, married for 44 years people. Of course, he said no, so I asked: you'd rather call me a conspiracy theorist than admit that you've been hoaxed? He was smart enough not to answer but I know what he would have said, and if he ever does say it, adios ex-amigo.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

I just Lurk

Re: Ex-Amigos

Post by I just Lurk » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:28 am

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/insi ... rce=direct

"I recently talked to a friend of mine at a recent social event. We’ll call him Bob. He’s super smart about most things. But when it comes to the vaccine, he’s blind to the truth.

He was bragging about how he has been vaxxed 6 times with the COVID vax and he’s perfectly healthy. He can’t wait for SB 866 in California to pass so when his kids turn 12, they can decide to get the vaccine over their mother’s objections.

Bob thinks I’m a nut case, cherry picking data. He says I used to be respected, but after turning anti-vax, people have lost all respect for me. He said I have a religious belief about the vaccine and I’m not driven by data.

What he isn’t telling anyone is that he’s been losing his vision ever since he got his first COVID vaccine. He used to have 20/20 vision, but now he wears glasses and can’t drive at night. When I brought up the data showing the connection between the shots and vision loss, he changed the topic.

I showed him two papers showing the more you vaccinate, the sicker you get (see the two papers here). I asked, “Where are the papers that show the opposite?” He ignored my request.

He gets his belief system from the mainstream media. Full stop. He reasons that if I was correct, surely Bill Gates would agree with me and admit they goofed. It’s 100% deference to authority.

Bob will not look at the data himself and he doesn’t want to discuss it. He will not engage. He thinks that if I was right, there would be more than a handful of people speaking out. So he tallies the size of the support base on each side of an issue instead of looking at the data.

I hope this is useful in helping you understand the pro-vaxxers and how they think.

The important thing is you cannot turn these people around. Arguing with them is fruitless because they don’t want to see the data. They will only come around when the people they trust change their position."
NukeDog was right

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:10 am

I just Lurk wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:28 am
They will only come around when the people they trust change their position."
This is why I get so irritated when it's a "friend:" they trust other people they don't personally know, and that don't have my qualifications, over me.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:59 am

This is the Fourth Turning. The Information Age.

The future belongs to those that adapt and reject obvious failures of ‘authority’. The dinosaurs will cling to their certainty until the asteroid hits them in the face.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0