Democracy = Equality

Martin Hash

Democracy = Equality

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:02 pm

The Left is enamored with the word “democracy.” I used to think it was because democracy is their greatest weapon but the ubiquitous use of the word has gotten me thinking it’s a stand-in for egalitarianism. When they say “threat to democracy,” they mean anything that slows their quest for equality. It’s not about voting at all except as a way to achieve their goals: if the majority goes against them, that’s a threat to democracy; Trump winning is a threat to democracy; populism is a threat to democracy.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

pineapplemike

Re: Democracy = Equality

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:57 pm

commonality

"there are more common people than there are un-common people, and democracy is the biggest threat to liberty" -martin hash

Martin Hash

Re: Democracy = Equality

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 am

pineapplemike wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:57 pm
commonality

"there are more common people than there are un-common people, and democracy is the biggest threat to liberty" -martin hash
I’ve refined that quote in the “Politics” volume, “Democracy” chapter of my “Notebooks of an Old Cyber-Cowboy” series. There’s 10 books in total, ~1500 original quotes in each.

p.s. The most popular book is the “Wisdom” volume. I think you’d find the “Witticisms” chapter especially entertaining.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change