Conspiracy Theorist

Martin Hash

Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:00 am

I might as well accept it: I’m a conspiracy theorist. Not in the “jet fuel doesn’t melt steel,” antivaxx, nor “moon landing was a hoax” contingent; but definitely in the world Communist cabal, “Epstein didn’t kill himself,” climate denier camp. In my conspiracy theory, there is indeed a swamp and it’s full of people who think they know better-n-me; the news media is little more than propaganda; science is more politics than facts; and women truly believe “it’s their turn now.”

For these beliefs I get to be called names by people on psyche medication, and no education beyond useless undergraduate degrees, whose careers are actually anti-productive. Unfortunately, these folks also significantly outnumber me which in a democracy makes them right and me wrong. I can only hope that someday, somewhere the actual truth will come out, but since the winners write the history, that seems a remote chance indeed.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Re: Conspiracy Theorist

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:15 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:00 am
I might as well accept it: I’m a conspiracy theorist. Not in the “jet fuel doesn’t melt steel,” antivaxx, nor “moon landing was a hoax” contingent; but definitely in the world Communist cabal, “Epstein didn’t kill himself,” climate denier camp. In my conspiracy theory, there is indeed a swamp and it’s full of people who think they know better-n-me; the news media is little more than propaganda; science is more politics than facts; and women truly believe “it’s their turn now.”

For these beliefs I get to be called names by people on psyche medication, and no education beyond useless undergraduate degrees, whose careers are actually anti-productive. Unfortunately, these folks also significantly outnumber me which in a democracy makes them right and me wrong. I can only hope that someday, somewhere the actual truth will come out, but since the winners write the history, that seems a remote chance indeed.
Misanthropy is a poor catalyst for fame.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:34 am

Where are you on Sasquatch and Ancient Aliens ? :twisted:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:39 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:15 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:00 am

Misanthropy is a poor catalyst for fame.
Do you happen to be on psyche medication?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:04 am

No, but I do have an undergraduate degree.

I know you're probably just venting at your jerk of a friend who interrupted your day to insult your neighbors.
But America is medicated and educated as fuck, coming swinging at two giant demographics is not going to help your journey to fame. If you're still interested in that journey, that is.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:15 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:04 am

I know you're probably just venting at your jerk of a friend who interrupted your day to insult your neighbors.
But America is medicated and educated as fuck, coming swinging at two giant demographics is not going to help your journey to fame. If you're still interested in that journey, that is.
I don’t see how fame and likability are related, except tangentially.

People often suggest things they think will make me famous, and I appreciate that sometimes they’re sincere, especially on this forum, but it doesn’t help because I’ve already done more than enough fameworthy things. Once something makes me famous, whatever that thing is, notoriety of some kind probably, then all the really fameworthy stuff will break out, bringing full famehood. For example, you’ve done at least one fameworthy creation (your ditties) that has just as much chance as all the little things I do (podcasts, quotes, mystery novels, humorous stories, movies, political candidate, world traveler, collector, etc.)

p.s. These are scripts for next season’s PRay TeLL. They only seem attributable to my personal current events in the moment.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:24 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:15 am
DBTrek wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:04 am

I don’t see how fame and likability are related, except tangentially.

People often suggest things they think will make me famous, and I appreciate that sometimes they’re sincere, especially on this forum, but it doesn’t help because I’ve already done more than enough fameworthy things. Once something makes me famous, whatever that thing is, notoriety of some kind probably, then all the really fameworthy stuff will break out, bringing full famehood. For example, you’ve done at least one fameworthy creation (your ditties) that has just as much chance as all the little things I do (podcasts, quotes, mystery novels, humorous stories, travel books, etc.)

p.s. These are scripts for next season’s PRay TeLL. They only seem attributable to my personal current events in the moment.
What do you think are the major factors driving fame?
If I had to name three I'd think likability, sex appeal, and unusual talent would have to account for most famous people. Infamous people excluded from that, of course - since often their crimes against others or institutions bring them name recognition.

But when I think about "who is famous" I come up with - people we like or relate to, people who are particularly sexually attractive, and people who demonstrate a talent or skill that is unusual or considerably above average.

Am I missing the boat?
What do you think drives fame?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:31 am

It fits my Lucktocracy theory of life (which is fameworthy on its own.) Certainly entertainers require likability/fuckability for fame, but fame outside of that is random. Right now, the things that are incredibly impressive (to me) have no value to most people but that’s only because nobody famous (hence, credible) is vouching for me. If Trump said, “Martin Hash, world’s only-ever blah, blah, blah,” or I was on the cover of major magazines as the “blah, blah, blah,” and the news got promoted that all my blah, blah, blah actually IS impressive, then it would be.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:35 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:31 am
It fits my Lucktocracy theory of life (which is fameworthy on its own.) Certainly entertainers require likability/fuckability for fame, but fame outside of that is random. Right now, the things that are incredibly impressive (to me) have no value to most people but that’s only because nobody famous (hence, credible) is vouching for me. If Trump said, “Martin Hash, world’s only-ever blah, blah, blah,” or I was on the cover of major magazines as the “blah, blah, blah,” and the news got promoted that all my blah, blah, blah actually IS impressive, then it would be.
Well... how did that 200 IQ clown that C-Mag cited in the Coronavirus thread get amplified. Surely your achievements should merit more amplification of your opinion than some dude who scored really high on one test.
I'd figure out who started passing that dude's quotes around, and get them to pass your quotes around.
Screw the 200 IQ - this guy with 3 doctorates, doctor/lawyer/millionaire business owner says "<insert quote>".

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:13 am

Ahhh, the insidious nature of the Lucktocracy.

Rarely, I mean never, does anybody who relies on degrees/IQ/licenses/experience stay around to debate me, especially not guys. They get a whiff, insult me, Block, gone. They obviously got somebody covering their backs because they’re no competition for me.