Letting Go of Liberty

Martin Hash

Letting Go of Liberty

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:03 am

It’s pretty clear that most people don't even know what liberty is; they take it for granted, and no one has ever even taught them the logic of liberty, how they benefit from it, and why the benefits are worth the cost. It takes liberty education because for most people, especially employees, liberty doesn't directly do them any good; they could easily sacrifice it for a UBI, free healthcare, free college, paid family leave, shorter hours, longer vacations, higher minimum wage, Affirmative Action, etc. There's also the perversity side: if someone else's accomplishments diminish their own self-image then stop all accomplishment.

In the that light, there’s no need to quixotically try and retain the liberty we had in the past when the people you're fighting for don't care, and probably don't even want it. It will take a future generation to fight for it after production declines and things start falling apart, and the gynocentric-privileged-transgender-grievance crowd has to play out first. Unfortunately, liberty probably can't come back once it's gone, and we won't be around to see even if it does.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: Letting Go of Liberty

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:17 pm

Can't do it Dr. Hash.
I'm clutching to Liberty for the rest of my life.

In the last month I've driven without a license, fished without a license, drank while driving and shot a gun off a public road.
:D :angelic-blueglow:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience