Name-Calling Defense

Martin Hash

Name-Calling Defense

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:07 am

All kids learn that name-calling works to hurt people’s feelings, putting them on the defensive. As adults we learn not to call names which proves that most people on the Left are still emotionally children. The Left, especially as represented on social media, uses name-calling as their primary debating tactic because it’s easy to defame someone, and combined with brigading, denies the victim a platform. Calling someone a name naturally makes the target want to respond but once they go on defense, they’ve lost control of the topic; and trying to ignore the taunts doesn’t stop them from obfuscating whatever point you’re trying to make because every brigader will repeat the slur. It might seem that trying to talk politics on social media is hopeless, but there is an effective defense for the self-confident.

When you are called a racist, respond, “I’m a racist.” The brigaders usually don’t chime in with that particular slur after a couple times of you doing that, so they have to use a new one; then you simply repeat the tactic: “I’m a bigot,” “I’m prejudiced,” “I’m a Nazi.” In fact, if every time you’re called a name, you parrot it back, the name-calling eventually dies out, after which you say, “Is that all you got?” No one will respond so you can continue on with the point you were trying to make. This tactic is a kill-shot; I recommend everyone do it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Re: Name-Calling Defense

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:20 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:07 am
All kids learn that name-calling works to hurt people’s feelings, putting them on the defensive. As adults we learn not to call names which proves that most people on the Left are still emotionally children. The Left, especially as represented on social media, uses name-calling as their primary debating tactic because it’s easy to defame someone, and combined with brigading, denies the victim a platform. Calling someone a name naturally makes the target want to respond but once they go on defense, they’ve lost control of topic; and trying to ignore the taunts doesn’t stop them from obfuscating whatever point you’ve trying to make because every brigader will repeat the slur. It might seem that trying to talk politics on social media is hopeless, but there is an effective defense for the self-confident.

When you are called a racist, respond, “I’m a racist.” The brigaders usually don’t chime in with that particular slur after a couple times of you doing that, so they have to use a new one; then you simply repeat the tactic: “I’m a bigot,” “I’m prejudiced,” “I’m a Nazi.” In fact, if every time you’re called a name, you parrot it back, the name-calling eventually dies out, after which you say, “Is that all you got?” No one will respond so you can continue on with the point you were trying to make. This tactic is a kill-shot; I recommend everyone do it.
Uhhhhh, as a guy with an employer Imma probably NOT do this.

"Hey DBTrek's employer, are you aware that he admits to being a racist, bigot, homophobe, Nazi? And you hired this guy?"
:(
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:39 pm

If that’s the situation you’re in, you can’t comment on social media anyway.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:06 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:39 pm
If that’s the situation you’re in, you can’t comment on social media anyway.
CORRECT!
I can't.
Not on the left coast.
Not in tech.
:|

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:21 pm

I doubt that employers are able to see Facebook posts set to ‘friends only’. I’d never be able to get a job otherwise.

Set your Facebook to post friends only.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:41 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:21 pm
I doubt that employers are able to see Facebook posts set to ‘friends only’. I’d never be able to get a job otherwise.

Set your Facebook to post friends only.
I'm ok with depriving Zuckerberg of my info and any revenue he might make off selling it.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:39 am

Admitting you're a whatever is 100% giving them control of the narrative. You're still in just as much of reactionary position.
Last edited by doc_loliday on Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:42 am

A reactionary position is a losing position. Winning is when they have to account for their lies, winning is when they have to constantly check themselves.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:39 am
Admitting you're a whatever is 100% giving them control of the narrative. You're still in just as much of reactionary position.
I’m a reactionary.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am

See, it works. What’s your response?