Where Do Bad Decisions Come From?

Martin Hash

Where Do Bad Decisions Come From?

Post by Martin Hash » Sun May 10, 2020 8:03 am

Some people think they know a lot and are wise, but they simply don't have the knowledge or training in any particular field to know much;, and the people who know a lot about a particular field don't know about anything else; so what happens is the dilettantes in everything interpret the narrow information coming from the experts in something to make decisions based on nothing.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

heydaralon

Re: Where Do Bad Decisions Come From?

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 11, 2020 6:57 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:03 am
Some people think they know a lot and are wise, but they simply don't have the knowledge or training in any particular field to know much;, and the people who know a lot about a particular field don't know about anything else; so what happens is the dilettantes in everything interpret the narrow information coming from the experts in something to make decisions based on nothing.
This may not be the best analogy Martin, but I kind of view it like a criminal trial. Both the defense, and the prosecution have expert witnesses. Sometimes one side has a bit more evidence than the other. Sometimes their evidence looks about equal. Each side spins it as best they can, and then the jury has to decide. I am not a trial expert, but I have read a little and seen recollections from jury members on why they chose that verdict. In no small part it comes from things like gut feelings, or often distrust of witnesses. That guy didn't seem honest, or I don't believe a word he says or whatver.

That is how people live their lives. They act rational to an extent, but they also follow their gut. We all do this to some degree or another. Reasonable doubt can be applicable to life as well.
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Re: Where Do Bad Decisions Come From?

Post by Martin Hash » Mon May 11, 2020 7:14 am

Very sage.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change