Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:25 am

Happy wife, happy life

Maximum romantic & lovey dovey to sweep them off their feet

keep them beaming & laughing, dancing & prancing, and you got no problems

DrY just needs to TACAMO and rule that putty right

Everything else will fall into place in the wake

This lock down could last for months longer

Can't be exhausted by constant strife, gotta nip that in the bud

If the kids are being squalling brats, Happy Warrior parents need to be the united front
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Re: Mindfulness

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:37 am

Now you guys are getting into the spirit, good shit.

See how dope threads get when you talk about what really matters instead of petty political bullshit?

Family is all, y'all

Put a smile on your qt's faces, be fun for your kids, fill the void, TACAMO
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:20 am

Dad was smart about it, when I got to 17 and was going to college from home he switched his Customs job from Lowestoft to Felixstowe sold the house and moved to live near the new job. I didn't leave home so much as have it pulled from under me.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:06 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:18 am
Mindfullness is about now rather than later or before. Most people's thinking dwells on future planning or shit that happened in the past. Mindfullness works really well for chronic pain management. That is how I learned about it.
Same. My doctor sent me to a pain management group a decade ago now, and we used what I learned later was mindfullness techniques. Essentially, trying to focus on the now by going through a mental excercise where we slooooooowly went from the top of our heads, to the tip of our toes, making ourselves feel that part of our body only and putting all other thoughts out of your head. Not a very pleasant experience first time around, but it turned out to be great at reducing pain-induced anxiety and stress. Generally good for focusing better.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:26 pm

BjornP wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:06 am

Same. My doctor sent me to a pain management group a decade ago now, and we used what I learned later was mindfullness techniques. Essentially, trying to focus on the now by going through a mental excercise where we slooooooowly went from the top of our heads, to the tip of our toes, making ourselves feel that part of our body only and putting all other thoughts out of your head. Not a very pleasant experience first time around, but it turned out to be great at reducing pain-induced anxiety and stress. Generally good for focusing better.
If your pain doctor didn't prescribe you opioids its a scam Bjorn. Be careful. Find a better doctor in the future and get that script. The bottle for the pain pills tell you to take as directed and not more. Here's the thing though: Its medicine, so its good for you. How can you take too much of something that is good for you? If you feel yourself getting too low and nodding out, go the other doctor and tell them you have ADHD. Then pop an adderall to get yourself where you need to be. Don't squander this opportunity. You might only get hurt this once so make sure you get what you need to get that warm fuzzy glow about you.
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Death is also a reliable analgesic I'm told.
But man . . . the side effects are kinda harsh.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:48 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:41 pm
I've been told that you feel a bit stiff the next morning after death.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:11 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:41 pm
No sense in Doomsday Prepping

There is no preparation for doom, other than the grace of the Lord

In the meantime, live it all to the max, in real time, feel it all, say it all, while there is still time

Can't save America's soul until you save your own

HE is the hand that takes as well

Over the river under the shade of the trees, we will all be in the sublime

Nec Aspera Terrent

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:19 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:26 pm

If your pain doctor didn't prescribe you opioids its a scam Bjorn. Be careful. Find a better doctor in the future and get that script. The bottle for the pain pills tell you to take as directed and not more. Here's the thing though: Its medicine, so its good for you. How can you take too much of something that is good for you? If you feel yourself getting too low and nodding out, go the other doctor and tell them you have ADHD. Then pop an adderall to get yourself where you need to be. Don't squander this opportunity. You might only get hurt this once so make sure you get what you need to get that warm fuzzy glow about you.
Sounds like a winning strategy. :lol:

Did try some experimental opiate eye drops back then. Awful feeling in my head and made the pain temporarily worse.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 pm

BjornP wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:19 pm
Did try some experimental opiate eye drops back then. Awful feeling in my head and made the pain temporarily worse.
There may be some wisdom hidden in that method.
Give the patients something that hurts a lot more than their current pain.
By the time they climb down from the new pain threshold their old pain levels feel great.
:think:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"