Quiet Desperation

Calculus Man

Re: Quiet Desperation

Post by Calculus Man » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:20 pm

I've honestly never thought about it this way. Usually, when discussing gender issues with women, I will concede that women have to face the major life decisions much earlier than men. I guess men also have to deal with certain struggles earlier than women do.

It's almost like gender is, like, a dualistic system or something. Whoa dude, far out. : :ugeek:

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:01 am

Calculus Man wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:20 pm
I've honestly never thought about it this way. Usually, when discussing gender issues with women, I will concede that women have to face the major life decisions much earlier than men. I guess men also have to deal with certain struggles earlier than women do.

It's almost like gender is, like, a dualistic system or something. Whoa dude, far out. : :ugeek:
I guess I'm come to expect sexist comments like these from a 'Noles fan. Fuck Talahassee.
Shikata ga nai

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:27 pm

Calculus Man wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:20 pm

You're one of those xenophobic anti-trans only-two-gender bigots, aren't you? :twisted:
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:44 pm

Your level of quiet desperation is generally proportionate to your level of engagement in the Clown Empire. The more you care about any of this shit, the more you are going to become desperate and anxious about almost everything.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:44 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:44 pm
Your level of quiet desperation is generally proportionate to your level of engagement in the Clown Empire. The more you care about any of this shit, the more you are going to become desperate and anxious about almost everything.
Oh and I guess you don't think single mothers should be able to bleed working men dry for years too right? If a woman lives without a man she is independent. When you try to explain how her stealing her ex's paycheck to support her rat children makes her the opposite of independent, you just come off like a bad person. A lot of these single mothers are great people, and work hard. I wish you wouldn't fixate so much on their weight either. BMI is an arbitrary number dude. Many attractive women like Lizzo do not want or need men. That is how confident they are.
Shikata ga nai

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:03 am

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:44 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:44 pm
Oh and I guess you don't think single mothers should be able to bleed working men dry for years too right? If a woman lives without a man she is independent. When you try to explain how her stealing her ex's paycheck to support her rat children makes her the opposite of independent, you just come off like a bad person. A lot of these single mothers are great people, and work hard. I wish you wouldn't fixate so much on their weight either. BMI is an arbitrary number dude. Many attractive women like Lizzo do not want or need men. That is how confident they are.
Day jus' livin' dey' best life. y u hatin'

Someone recently told me that Lizzo writes music for people who shoplift from Dollar General. I've never heard a more apt summation in my life.