We’re Already in a Depression

Martin Hash

We’re Already in a Depression

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:00 pm

It’s difficult to get out of the mindset that a “depression” isn’t soup lines because that’s the image everyone associates with it, but a depression has other indicators:

* How many people are unemployed in a real sense (37%). There’s easily the same percent of unwillingly unemployed people now as during The Depression but the soup lines have been replaced with Welfare checks.

* Flirtation with Collectivism. If anything, the populist attraction to Marxism is bigger now than during The Depression. Collectivism surges when people think they can do better by redistributing wealth than they can by creating wealth of their own.

* Extreme partisanship. FDR had to ram everything through congress with his single-party domination. There was no compromise with Republicans.

* Nationalism/populism. This is happening all over the world; an indication that the world is in depression.

* Captured media. It wasn’t until the early ‘50s that an unbiased news was considered the most important ethical concern.

* Wealth concentration. Same disparity now as at the beginning of The Depression.

* Tent cities.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Re: We’re Already in a Depression

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:10 pm

Everybody else is getting theirs give me mine. I don't want banana futures. I don't want banana options. I don't want banana margins. I want a fucking banana right now give me a banana.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:16 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:10 pm
Everybody else is getting theirs give me mine. I don't want banana futures. I don't want banana options. I don't want banana margins. I want a fucking banana right now give me a banana.
I don’t know if this attitude is indicative of a depression?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:20 pm

It was leading up to the Thatcher era. Labour

Myth of the 20th Century: Winter of Discontent – 1978-79 Britain https://myth20c.wordpress.com/2019/10/3 ... 9-britain/

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:00 pm

* Flirtation with Collectivism. If anything, the populist attraction to Marxism is bigger now than during The Depression. Collectivism surges when people think they can do better by redistributing wealth than they can by creating wealth of their own.
Most people can't generate their own wealth - incapable...generations of dependency has neutered them.....you'll be consumed...just like the rest of us.....the Mob needs to eat...

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:05 pm

Entrepreneurship needs to be indoctrinated into children; not “no one gets a piece of candy unless everyone does.”

We must get back education. Vouchers is the solution but there’s nobody leading the charge.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:08 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:05 pm
Entrepreneurship needs to be indoctrinated into children; not “no one gets a piece of candy unless everyone does.”

We must get back education. Vouchers is the solution but there’s nobody leading the charge.
Losing battler - Marxists won that front 30 years ago...I don't see a way forward...

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:31 pm

If Trump wins big, and takes the House big, it’s possible.

I sent an email & a letter offering to do it but, as usual, never heard back. Obviously, whatever I have to offer (besides giving money) is of no interest to anybody.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:35 pm

If Trump wins big, and takes the House big, it’s possible.
Did he not have the hkuse, Senate, and judiciary? What did he get done? Nothing. Less than nothing. Lower taxes. Wow woot

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:27 pm

A Depression doesn't kick in until it enters a deflationary wage and price spiral

When the policy stimulus can no longer kick start it, even with negative interests
Nec Aspera Terrent