Me or Bill Gates?

Martin Hash

Re: Me or Bill Gates?

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:01 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:16 pm
I'm dubious as to the effectiveness of wisdom, whatever that may be, in the face of a communist takeover.

It's like being Sakharov living in Gorky.

Not much you can do, but wait for it to collapse under the weight of its own contradictions.
And you prove your wisdom again.

The natural cycle of the winners overthrown by the losers is endless; I know of no way to stop it but I hold myself out there as someone who has the solution; whether anybody takes me up on it or not does not taint my offer, it is in earnest.

p.s. There is no one on FB who compares with your wisdom; I seem to be the only "wise" person who attempts to penetrate there. I wonder if it reflects negatively on my wisdom?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:55 am
I had an interesting FB debate where someone used Bill Gates as an example of a "wise" person. I let it slide but it came back again, and I'm wondering how to respond:

First, let me ask here: who is wiser, me or Bill Gates? Second, who is wiser in the field of computer science, me or Bill Gates?
Some people believe Bill Gates is vaccinating Africans to help them which is very unwise.

Some others believe he vaccinates Africans to lower their birthrates. In which case he would be wise.

You tell me. What happens when the world has six billion Africans? I will wait for a response and let you know if I think you are wise.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:10 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:07 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:55 am
I had an interesting FB debate where someone used Bill Gates as an example of a "wise" person. I let it slide but it came back again, and I'm wondering how to respond:

First, let me ask here: who is wiser, me or Bill Gates? Second, who is wiser in the field of computer science, me or Bill Gates?
Some people believe Bill Gates is vaccinating Africans to help them which is very unwise.

Some others believe he vaccinates Africans to lower their birthrates. In which case he would be wise.

You tell me. What happens when the world has six billion Africans? I will wait for a response and let you know if I think you are wise.
Six billion Africans in Africa is of no concern to me.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:13 pm

You seem wise. Wise like a fox. I like what you are implying.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Africa is a big place. If America would stop poaching all their brain power: doctors, nurses, entrepreneurs; they could maybe turn that shithole around.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:01 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
I'm dubious as to the effectiveness of wisdom, whatever that may be, in the face of a communist takeover.

Not much you can do, but wait for it to collapse under the weight of its own contradictions.

The natural cycle of the winners overthrown by the losers is endless; I know of no way to stop it but I hold myself out there as someone who has the solution; whether anybody takes me up on it or not does not taint my offer, it is in earnest.

p.s. There is no one on FB who compares with your wisdom; I seem to be the only "wise" person who attempts to penetrate there. I wonder if it reflects negatively on my wisdom?
In the closed city of Gorky, one simply tends to ones garden and enjoys the solitude.

There's no point in talking to the guards.

I just watch the stars and contemplate the universe.

Whatever passes the time. Could be awhile.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:20 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

In the closed city of Gorky, one simply tends to ones garden and enjoys the solitude.

I just returned from Peru. I go to California in 2 days. I go to Greece next month, Cali again in July, Peru again in Nov, Cuba in Dec, China in Feb. I still got places to go, things to do, people to see, things to learn; I haven’t settled down into complacency yet, even though my hair is grayer than yours, and my wife has more wrinkles. Hopefully, 2 more decades until the glue factory.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:25 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:20 pm
Martin Hash wrote:

I just returned from Peru. I go to California in 2 days. I go to Greece next month, Cali again in July, Peru again in Nov, Cuba in Dec, China in Feb. I still got places to go, things to do, people to see, things to learn; I haven’t settled down into complacency yet, even though my hair is grayer than yours, and my wife has more wrinkles. Hopefully, 2 more decades until the glue factory.
Knock yourself out.

I hate flying.

I'd rather stay in Gorky than fly commercial.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:40 pm

What can I say? Spending money for comfort makes me uncomfortable; it’s my upbringing. Wife too; it’s why we’ve been together 40 years.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:43 pm

Still, should the time arise that my quest for fame is successful, and I can no longer travel incognito, I’ll certainly give you a call.