Gives Cover

GloryofGreece

Re: Gives Cover

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:51 am
Although, if you do find an INTP woman you like, let her in a little bit so she can see the deep interior life you tend to hide from others.

Also, INTPs are not fake. You might like that.
My wife is an ENFJ. The past couple years I've come to realize I spend too much time thinking/ruminating/dreaming of ideal worlds or imagining things etc. I have a good deal of health anxiety *(not for no reason either) and I am generally living in one form of existential angst or another most of my adulthood. My question to you is, if I genuinely love ideas and learning but feel its making me more neurotic and taking me out of my body and into my head too much, should i cut researching/reading non fiction way way back? Also, when I workout I feel better. When I go to the sauna I feel better and like most id imagine deep tissue massage is great as well. What all these things have in common is getting out of your head and into your body. Do you think if I walk 2 miles a day outside and do calisthenics I'll have less anxiety symptoms?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:20 am

I am coming to realize that your type needs something like an INTP in order to explore those ideas rather than keeping them bottled up.

You could find a friend who is intensely introverted and intellectual who will draw this shit out so you can process it in a different way.

As far as getting your head into your body, for me it is the other way around. I needed to realize I could intellectualize my body, hack it, and turn it into a superhero. Aside from undoing the pain, it is really an unending experiment for me.

I do not have the same problem with getting ideas out there and processing them. Also fake people do not bother me to the same extent as they likely do with you.

Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am

From my side, INFJs have this enormous interior life and inexaustable ideas to explore if only they let in the INTP. For us, most people are boring as shit. I did not know there was such a thing as an INFJ until now.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:06 am

I do think I have to believe im living a more meaningful life than say the average joe needs or thinks he has to. I am not into small chat, pleasantries, and pop culture. Its very vacuous, but I have gradually reframed the way I look at those things. Simply put its better to say "good morning" and "how are you" etc. than not to. Its a more polite and nice world than the opposite even if those types of things are banal and unauthentic. You can make them authentic if you want to.

The problem with my personality is that I'm too in my head. I'm too imaginative without action or production so to speak. I don't fix or make anything. I don't really create anything either. Sure I write but I've never finished a short story, novel, or screen play etc. I journal but not consistently either. I'm a collector of ideas, a ponderer, a fantasy, and i love learning new things. I'm more interested in people than things *( which makes me more like a woman I know) and about the only thing I do that's productive or good is I believe I help kids socially and academically. My interest and curiosity is varied to the extreme and I genuinely love the world/ideas/culture etc.

I find that one of the best things for me was getting a dog/puppy last year. I spend 2-3 hours a day outside with her and its helpful to experience that connection and just move around some. I am lucky to have miles of trails right by me and a major river. These things help.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am
From my side, INFJs have this enormous interior life and inexaustable ideas to explore if only they let in the INTP. For us, most people are boring as shit. I did not know there was such a thing as an INFJ until now.
What do you mean you "didn't know there was such a thing"? As in literally or your just shocked someone actually qualify as that? :ugeek:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:12 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:05 pm
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 am
What do you mean you "didn't know there was such a thing"? As in literally or your just shocked someone actually qualify as that? :ugeek:
I mean.. I didn't know there were people that were compatible in that way. I didn't really study this stuff too much in the past.

I met this female INFJ. Right away I was attracted to her and I could tell she was different. When I saw her home my mind was blown. The details and things she is into but doesn't often show are far outside the norm for the typical female. Most women I have met are not very deep thinkers and they certainly don't have rich interior lives. An INTJ woman apparently is like a vast ocean of ideas and interests. You can engage in interesting conversations for hours and hours, day after day, on and on.

The problem is that they keep that shit bottled up. I would never have known unless she let me in. I mean.. I knew she was unique. I just had no idea how much was going on under the hood.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Seriously, guys. You all know this is true. Go into the typical woman's home and you will see pop culture prints on the wall. Some fuzzy decorations. Maybe a vase with sticks in it or whatever passes for design fashion these days. There are lots of pictures of themselves, etc.

There's no there there.

I walked into this home and I was freaking blown away.

Fife, you have to find one of these. Seriously.

Anyhoo. My odds are pretty set against me still. But INFJ and INTP are good combinations in general. Something about the ordering of how we process and perceive the world makes it a good match. Also the reasons we gain knowledge compliment one another (INTP tend to just want to understand with no carry-through to practicality, whereas INFJ are looking for solutions to problems rather than just understanding things).

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:07 am

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:20 am
I am coming to realize that your type needs something like an INTP in order to explore those ideas rather than keeping them bottled up.

You could find a friend who is intensely introverted and intellectual who will draw this shit out so you can process it in a different way.

As far as getting your head into your body, for me it is the other way around. I needed to realize I could intellectualize my body, hack it, and turn it into a superhero. Aside from undoing the pain, it is really an unending experiment for me.

I do not have the same problem with getting ideas out there and processing them. Also fake people do not bother me to the same extent as they likely do with you.

Why do they not bother you as much as me you think?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:09 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:07 am

Because this is how INTPs generally deal with fake people:

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:10 am

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:09 am
GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:07 am

Because this is how INTPs generally deal with fake people:

I disagree with the his main thesis and most side remarks as well. How about you?
https://medium.com/s/youthnow/yuval-noa ... 72a3fb4bcf