Printing Money For UBI

Martin Hash

Re: Printing Money For UBI

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 09, 2018 10:52 am

DBTrek wrote:Well, we all agree that a trade deficit to China paired with their American bond and debt holding is not good for future Americans who will be losing those maturing rewards to China.

That shit is bad.
Dude! Thomas Sowell heard that, and you're kicked out of the club now.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 09, 2018 10:55 am

Martin Hash wrote:
DBTrek wrote:Well, we all agree that a trade deficit to China paired with their American bond and debt holding is not good for future Americans who will be losing those maturing rewards to China.

That shit is bad.
Dude! Thomas Sowell heard that, and you're kicked out of the club now.
Thomas Sowell taught me that shit.
You guys really have some unfavorable perceptions of a guy you’d probably agree with more than not. He calls the foreign buying of American bonds and debt tantamount to the pillaging of the future productivity America’s youth.

Whereas government used to use the bond scheme to pay today’s debts with the productivity of future generations, now our future generations productivity pays China the rewards and they get jack. It’s a scam and a half.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 09, 2018 11:07 am

To reverse the debt spiral, you have to end these trade deals.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 09, 2018 11:09 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:To reverse the debt spiral, you have to end these trade deals.
Thomas Sowell is a big believer in "Free" Trade. (Yet somehow he doesn't understand what that leads too?)

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 09, 2018 11:11 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:To reverse the debt spiral, you have to end these trade deals.
Thomas Sowell is a big believer in "Free" Trade. (Yet somehow he doesn't understand what that leads too?)

I think he knows very well. He's a political mercenary. That stuff he published is just ideological propaganda for people who do not understand the scale and complexities of economic problems.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 09, 2018 11:15 am

Sowell would point out that one big thing you both miss about our foreign debt holders is that it speaks to their confidence in the strength of the American economy. So there is that aspect you both are completely overlooking.

No one is buying Rwanda’s debt.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 09, 2018 11:16 am

Free trade is nothing more than foreign powers agreeing to buy our national debts in exchange for our exporting our jobs and manufacturing sectors.

The goods exchanged are the medium in which that transaction occurs.

We do not actually buy Chinese products. We buy American products manufactured by Chinese. That's not really trade.

Buying French absinthe is trade.

Buying a Subaru Impreza WRX is trade

Buying an iPhone is just buying an American product in which American workers were shut out of.

China does this strategically. This stuff is actually a form of warfare.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 09, 2018 11:30 am

I euphemistically use the term "Free" Trade when I'm referring to unbalanced exploitative trade.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed May 09, 2018 11:32 am

The warfare of selling Americans goods at prices well below what they would cost to create in America. The warfare of exponentially increasing the purchasing power of my dollar by utilizing cheap foreign labor in goods production.

Give me more of that warfare please.
;)

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 09, 2018 11:34 am

DBTrek wrote:The warfare of selling Americans goods at prices well below what they would cost to create in America. The warfare of exponentially increasing the purchasing power of my dollar by utilizing cheap foreign labor in goods production.

Give me more of that warfare please.
;)
You're getting it, dude. FANG stocks up, everything else down. Bubbles in housing, autos, consumer debt, corporate debt, stock market; and it's going to last forever....