Printing Money For UBI

Okeefenokee

Re: Printing Money For UBI

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue May 08, 2018 3:39 pm

JohnDonne wrote:Why is it a given that less humans working equals less productivity? We have wheat threshers, they replaced many humans, yet they're more productive and efficient. Suppose humans not needing to flip burgers when there was a demand for burger flippers led to innovations in automation and robotics, necessity being the mother of invention, after all. I don't know about you, but a robot could probably flip a lot more burgers than me for a lot less pay.

I ain't even be mad that you put me out of a job, if you just give me thirty-thousand a year. It's not like I'm greedy or nothin'.
You better learn to pump to gas.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue May 08, 2018 4:06 pm

I'm always astounded by the "give me" mentality ingrained in the leftist worldview.

Well . . . man . . . like, give me a job or give me free money, y'know?

Somehow it falls upon the shoulders of their family, their neighbors, their tribe, their city, their state, their Federal governing body, to provide them with either a job, or in lieu of that, cash.

Options never on the table - compete for a job, or start your own business and provide jobs to others.

Different worldview, for sure.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue May 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:Why is it a given that less humans working equals less productivity? We have wheat threshers, they replaced many humans, yet they're more productive and efficient. Suppose humans not needing to flip burgers when there was a demand for burger flippers led to innovations in automation and robotics, necessity being the mother of invention, after all. I don't know about you, but a robot could probably flip a lot more burgers than me for a lot less pay.

I ain't even be mad that you put me out of a job, if you just give me thirty-thousand a year. It's not like I'm greedy or nothin'.
Hater stalkers, they have weeks to think of something to say, but it always ends up being nonsensical brain spew.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 08, 2018 5:54 pm

I think there’s EtOH (alcohol) involved.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue May 08, 2018 7:28 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Hater stalkers, they have weeks to think of something to say, but it always ends up being nonsensical brain spew.
Moochers parasites, they have years to think of some way to work, but it always ends up being lazy panhandling.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 am

See, that's the type of anger and resentment working a job will create. Myself? I work but little, and don't begrudge the little man holding out his hat. Certainly I have a dollar to spare.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed May 09, 2018 4:21 am

That's not your dollar.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 09, 2018 8:41 am

If we are going to print money to pay down the debt (and that is probably what will happen), my humble suggestion is as follows..

(1) Give some of it to the middle class indirectly via massive tax cuts for maybe two to three years.

(2) Use the rest of it to fund government projects into things we want/need that are not profitable to develop and build initially via private investment, but which will result in greater economic activity in the future. Use these projects as a jobs program.

(3) Parcel off much of BLM land in a Homestead Act for Americans to get out of the cities and farm if they choose. Use one of the programs in (2) to irrigate and transform these areas. Look at how Israel does it in their desert regions.

(4) Do not under any circumstances allow the usual actors to benefit. Namely bankers and large corporations. Target individual families with tax cuts and land grants.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 09, 2018 8:46 am

Tax cuts only help people who pay taxes, less than half of society. While I agree that anybody making less than $50K/year shouldn't even have to file, to redistribute wealth downward, high income earners would pay through the nose OR forget taxes and simply print money and give it directly to everyone at the same amount, perhaps $40K/year. Soon enough this would flatten out the curve.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed May 09, 2018 8:58 am

Inflation (theft by fiat, that is, IRL inflation, not CPI slight-of-hand hooey) is the most dishonest and evil kind of insidious tax the state and its banksters have dreamed up so far.

Après nous le déluge.