Printing Money For UBI

Okeefenokee

Re: Printing Money For UBI

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon May 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:BTW, I know I wasn't selling blue jeans online in 93. I was six.
So, got your first million yet? By your logic, you should. Unless you're a lazy dumb ass like all the other people who aren't rich.
That's a lot of projection.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon May 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:BTW, I know I wasn't selling blue jeans online in 93. I was six.
So, got your first million yet? By your logic, you should. Unless you're a lazy dumb ass like all the other people who aren't rich.
That's a lot of projection.
Projection? That’s a DSM term for people who aren’t millionaires.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon May 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Have you tried selling those?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon May 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Printing money and handing it out as UBI is a solution that redistributes wealth down that doesn't involve taxation.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon May 07, 2018 9:07 pm

I wonder how many of these schemes will result in utter failure before these people realize it would have been easier to just go to work.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon May 07, 2018 9:14 pm

UBI would probably result in such a decline in productivity that it would cause more harm than good.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Tue May 08, 2018 1:55 am

Why is it a given that less humans working equals less productivity? We have wheat threshers, they replaced many humans, yet they're more productive and efficient. Suppose humans not needing to flip burgers when there was a demand for burger flippers led to innovations in automation and robotics, necessity being the mother of invention, after all. I don't know about you, but a robot could probably flip a lot more burgers than me for a lot less pay.

I ain't even be mad that you put me out of a job, if you just give me thirty-thousand a year. It's not like I'm greedy or nothin'.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 08, 2018 5:00 am

The end result of technological progress is that nobody would have a job.

Physical labor.. robots.

Intellectual labor.. AI.

Machines have a perfect work ethic too.

People freak out about schemes to mitigate less jobs because the way they think about economics no longer entirely applies, and probably a century from now will have as much applicability to every day life as mercantilism does today. We all want the easy answer, and there is none (yet). It's easier to cling to ideology or various fixes to keep the current system running.

UBI is still an attempt to keep capitalism alive past it's due date. "Everybody should just get a job", even when there already does not exist enough jobs, is burying your head in your ideological sand.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 08, 2018 6:34 am

Jordan Peterson covers joblessness in his lectures quite convincingly. Humans, men especially (testosterone), have got to have a job or depression and decline is the result. Videogames and dope don't seem to be an adequate replacement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 08, 2018 6:36 am

I agree that we need something to do.

Capitalism is failing to provide that. We are playing musical chairs with less shit to do every year.