I put a lot of stock in intellectual honesty
I lol'd.
Haha very funny motherfucker

Speaker to Animals

Re: Printing Money For UBI

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:39 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:34 am
UBI isn't layered on top of existing gibs. You already print money for gibs seekers.
No, we do not. We print money for bankers and for IC overseas boondoggles, currently. That is it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 am

To understand how our economy is not yet sufficiently developed for a true UBI, one need only consider what a UBI actually is: a reallocation of a percentage of the GDP to all participants in that economy.

Tally up $1,000 per person and calculate the percentage of our GDP that consumes.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:44 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:36 am
GenX working America: Wew lads, we need to finally sober up fast!

MillenialSuperBoomers: Here, drink this bottle of Everclear.
No need for this Gen Xer to sober up, I won the Lucktocracy, I just party all the time basically, I just like to do it on my deck and/or patio.

This is the infantryman's paradise, fuck all that digging trenches in the rain shit.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:51 am

UBI ensures the wealth is redistributed not only to the needy but to the people that can use it the best. What we have now is a system for failure. It is chronic welfare dependency. You will not be able to remove the gibs from them without wife spread shock to the system. This will in effect, do the same thing however. Everyone turning down the money should think twice about it.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:51 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:42 am
To understand how our economy is not yet sufficiently developed for a true UBI, one need only consider what a UBI actually is: a reallocation of a percentage of the GDP to all participants in that economy.

Tally up $1,000 per person and calculate the percentage of our GDP that consumes.
Also, how many years of our GDP is already gone with the wind thanks to what has already been stolen from Americans?

UBI:

1. is an illegal concept. I challenge anyone to show me the legal authority for a federal city UBI.

2. is based upon a lie. The lie of AI taken muh jerbz makes climate change look like a little white fib. I challenge anyone to show the urgent existential threat of self-driving trucks or burger robots so grave that we should put the final nail in the country's coffin.

3. perpetuates moral hazard. Gibs Nation is NOT what we want to leave our kids. They will die confused, hated, and stoned. And that will be OUR fault. I challenge anyone to show that "Fuck Work" leads to any positive outcomes.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:54 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:51 am
UBI ensures the wealth is redistributed not only to the needy but to the people that can use it the best. What we have now is a system for failure. It is chronic welfare dependency. You will not be able to remove the gibs from them without wife spread shock to the system. This will in effect, do the same thing however. Everyone turning down the money should think twice about it.
The main thing is not to make it into a morality play wherein puritanical America self flagellates as per usual, it's just an efficient way to get cash flow into the system, in terms of inflation, if people weren't having to live off credit, then interest rates could back to normal instead of a massive QE bubble.

QE is supposed to get cash into the system, but of course it's not working with bankers withholding credit from people who are tapped out. UBI for Bankers and no one else is what you have now.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:14 am

Well, we're seeing the fruits of widespread economic illiteracy.
Maybe the best op commies and Marxists ever pulled on us.
Perhaps the fatal shot.

2019 - we have average people believing they can milk over $36trillion in $1000-handouts a year from a country with $19trillion GDP.
The 'P' in GDP stands for productivity, by the way.
If you think money printing presses can double a nation's productivity, well, you're probably economically illiterate.

/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:17 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:14 am
Well, we're seeing the fruits of widespread economic illiteracy.
Maybe the best op commies and Marxists ever pulled on us.
Perhaps the fatal shot.

2019 - we have average people believing they can milk over $36trillion in $1000-handouts a year from a country with $19trillion GDP.
The 'P' in GDP stands for productivity, by the way.
If you think money printing presses can double a nation's productivity, well, you're probably economically illiterate.

/shrug
19trillion is baby numbers. We can pump those way up.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:20 am

When the economy goes Venezuela on us, at least ND will have 1000 Bolivars to wave around.
Of course, when he realizes what 1000 Bolivars buys in New-Venezuela, it will start to dawn on him that he fucked up.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"