Printing Money For UBI

Smitty-48

Re: Printing Money For UBI

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:51 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:41 am
UBI we can debate as something good or bad. Literally printing more funny money to fund the UBI is fucking dumb. If you want that, move to Venezuela.

If you are going to do this, fund it with consumption taxes or something, but definitely don't increase the money supply. All you will do is cause inflation and you will be right back where you started in real terms, running on a bankster's treadmill.
I have discussed with you all before that we could have an interesting discussion on UBI, or negative income tax -- if there is some way to make it revenue- and tax-neutral.

However--

1. Printing funny money is a tax; the worst one there is, at least on as it regards intellectual honesty.

2. UBI will not replace wealth-transfers or welfare. There is no way in Hell that UBI is going to replace aid to dependent children of crack whores or disabled people. Not in this lifetime.
Libertarian paradise will not be at hand neither.

What you do is dangle UBI until the deal can made to replace the existing system, if the left refuses to do so, there's no deal, so not to worry.

The only way for it to be sustainable is to get the right onside, if it's just being layered on top of welfare, that won't happen so UBI won't happen.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 am

I don't expect "libertarian paradise," I simply expect an honest society devoted to objective reality.

I put a lot of stock in intellectual honesty, but just about none in "dangling deals."

I guess I"m just a dummy who doesn't trust politicians and rent-seeking bankers. /shrug

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:57 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 am
I put a lot of stock in intellectual honesty, but just about none in "dangling deals."

I guess I"m just a dummy who doesn't trust politicians and rent-seeking bankers. /shrug
There has to quid pro quo in the American political system otherwise it's just grid lock and witch hunts.

You don't have a parliamentary democracy, dangling deals to get things done, is the only way anything gets done.

In terms of bankers, what you have now, QE, is just UBI for bankers. Why only them?

In terms of rent seeking, if the filthy lower classes were not having to live off debt, we could raise interest rates.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 am

You're gonna have to toke up some other imaginary ally for me other than the Fed. :goteam: :drunk:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:07 am

The Fed is not going away, so don't see any point in arguing about the Fed, it is what it is, learn to deal.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 am

It is not about arguing against the fed. Literally printing more fiat money to distribute to every adult equally is just inflation. You will not get ahead. Nobody will.

UBI requires taxation to redistribute money back out as widely as possible.

Inflation itself is nothing more than an increase in the money supply, either by creating more money or through credit. You are just arguing for inflation.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:10 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:13 am
I am constantly amazed and amused that you think your opinions have more validity than mine?
I knew if just hunted for a moment I'd find it.

Martin, you are a freaking virtuoso on the bad outcomes of moral hazard. Why aren't you bombing these slackers back to the Stone Age?

https://martinhash.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3240

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:17 am

Tying my opposition to UBI to my support of printing money is a clumsy debating tactic at best.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:23 am

Once you go printing you might as well go all the way, no point in being half pregnant.

What's the most efficient way to flow the capital back into the system by way of main street?

QE is the status quo, literally anything would be better than QE.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:24 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:17 am
Tying my opposition to UBI to my support of printing money is a clumsy debating tactic at best.

Well perhaps I am being a bit clumsy; shame on me for singing your praises when we agree. :D

Have mercy: Every time I want to simply say that our current QEInfinity is the lowest form of theft from ordinary Americans, the zipper goes down. :shock: