Printing Money For UBI

Fife

Re: Printing Money For UBI

Post by Fife » Wed May 09, 2018 7:55 pm

JohnDonne wrote:Great, I did some checking, I guess most desert islands are claimed by one country or another, but you could still get a big boat, denounce your citizenship and float around in international waters. Thanks for all the opinions about government, but since nobody is stopping you personally from acting out your ideas, there's no point in implementing your ideas on a large scale, apparently.
Denounce my citizenship? WTF are you on about?

Which island is yours? :lol:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 09, 2018 7:59 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Neocons are worse than a single mother with your credit card.
Heh

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed May 09, 2018 8:05 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Fife wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:
And yet it is. I earn my money and pay taxes and even have a dollar to spare the bums by and by.

The tendency of technological progress suggests Eternal labor’s yoke will one day be lifted, without a doubt this will result in production exceeding our wildest dreams. Given this, the logical choice seems to be: spread this massive wealth in such a way that allows these former menial laborers to live well and pursue knowledge.

Or you could just keep saying “you didn’t earn it” over and over again while society crumbles in the face of massive social unrest.
Oh, you earned *something,* precious. I just don't know if you earned *it.*

Is there some entity telling you that you can't give whatever you have to some bum on the roadside? No?

You can work your ass off and give your earnings to whatever bum you choose, as far as I know. Who's stopping you?
No one, which coincidentally is the same answer to the question "who suggested someone was stopping me?"

Is there some entity preventing you from John Galting yourself on a desert island? So why all the opinions about the tax-theft government, brah? You can go live your opinion in the most disorganized fashion, a billion times less efficiently, and it's just as good as if it was done on a massively organized way, according to your own wisdom.

What's the difference between a person laying a couple bricks down, calling it good, verse having a public library? The difference is all in the mind.

What's the difference between having an intricate interstate highway, and a parking lot? Mind.
I prefer collective action as well. Like a mighty faggot bundled together, the collective zeitgeist of the Volk is immutable and sacred. I propose we move toward a direct democracy and vote on taxation.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 09, 2018 8:14 pm

I have recently been thinking about the idea of social programs being an opt-in kind of thing. That is, if you think we should collect tax dollars to fund something, then you check off the box in your tax sheet to pay for it. Otherwise, you keep your money.

The way we have it set up now.. everybody is voting yes to spend other people's money. You should have a yes-no vote on your own money for things that are not critical to national security and infrastructure.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed May 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Fife wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:Great, I did some checking, I guess most desert islands are claimed by one country or another, but you could still get a big boat, denounce your citizenship and float around in international waters. Thanks for all the opinions about government, but since nobody is stopping you personally from acting out your ideas, there's no point in implementing your ideas on a large scale, apparently.
Denounce my citizenship? WTF are you on about?

Which island is yours? :lol:
I’m just being helpful, like you were when you suggested I “implement” my UBI idea on a personal level.

Using the same logic, If I think it’s a good idea to have interstate highways, I should buy my own land and start laying asphalt.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed May 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I have recently been thinking about the idea of social programs being an opt-in kind of thing. That is, if you think we should collect tax dollars to fund something, then you check off the box in your tax sheet to pay for it. Otherwise, you keep your money.

The way we have it set up now.. everybody is voting yes to spend other people's money. You should have a yes-no vote on your own money for things that are not critical to national security and infrastructure.
So essentially your say in what will be funded will be equal to your pocketbook, rather than your vote.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 09, 2018 8:31 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I have recently been thinking about the idea of social programs being an opt-in kind of thing. That is, if you think we should collect tax dollars to fund something, then you check off the box in your tax sheet to pay for it. Otherwise, you keep your money.

So essentially your say in what will be funded will be equal to your pocketbook, rather than your vote.

For nonessential outlays, that is exactly correct.

I am not talking about defense, highways, social security, or anything like that. I am talking about all the little things, especially at the county and state level.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed May 09, 2018 8:36 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:
Fife wrote:
Oh, you earned *something,* precious. I just don't know if you earned *it.*

Is there some entity telling you that you can't give whatever you have to some bum on the roadside? No?

You can work your ass off and give your earnings to whatever bum you choose, as far as I know. Who's stopping you?
No one, which coincidentally is the same answer to the question "who suggested someone was stopping me?"

Is there some entity preventing you from John Galting yourself on a desert island? So why all the opinions about the tax-theft government, brah? You can go live your opinion in the most disorganized fashion, a billion times less efficiently, and it's just as good as if it was done on a massively organized way, according to your own wisdom.

What's the difference between a person laying a couple bricks down, calling it good, verse having a public library? The difference is all in the mind.

What's the difference between having an intricate interstate highway, and a parking lot? Mind.
I prefer collective action as well. Like a mighty faggot bundled together, the collective zeitgeist of the Volk is immutable and sacred. I propose we move toward a direct democracy and vote on taxation.
I don’t prefer collective action, I prefer whatever works to get the agreed upon desired outcome. Sometimes that’s private enterprise, sometimes not.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Wed May 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:

So essentially your say in what will be funded will be equal to your pocketbook, rather than your vote.[/quote

For nonessential outlays, that is exactly correct.

I am not talking about defense, highways, social security, or anything like that. I am talking about all the little things, especially at the county and state level.
It would be an interesting experiment, for sure.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:20 am

This seems like the best place for another quick lesson on the evils of funny money.