Liberty vs. Libertarianism

Speaker to Animals

Re: Liberty vs. Libertarianism

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:40 am

:lol:

I wonder if libertarians really would want to do away with the FAA. That actually sounds like a great foil to toss in their path.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:00 am

Martin Hash wrote:66 Members visited the forum in Feb. (Double or triple that for Guests.) It will be interesting to see if there is any drop in March after the intentional sabotaging?

I still learn a lot from participating here, mostly things that disappoint me but life is ever-decreasing naive optimism. Nothing is ever as good as when you first imagine it.

The relationship of the people here is not friendship, nor respect; it's not even common values. It's more like a corner bar with a Big Screen that plays topics we all find interesting. Occasionally, we try to go to a bigger bar but it turns out to be Applebees so we come back here, until the Big Screen breaks anyway, which is how the sabotage works. Why people would sabotage is a topic for my philosophy book, which nobody reads for reasons that will also go into the book as I clarify them.
I think there were some things which have happened in the last few days that can be considered optimistic. Once the real chance that the forum could die was realised people did rally around to fight off the threat. Unlikely alliegances were formed in a show of unity that signalled a real desire to keep this little corner of the internet alive. Some did give up too easily but I believe that they will return.
I disagree that there are no freindships formed here. Should I ever travel to the States there are definately people from the MHF and DCF I'm going to look up. I also have plenty of respect for those I don't necessarily agree with.
This is still one of the best places to visit to discuss many of the issues we face and I hope it will continue to be so.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:30 am

I agree with Monte. I've met three people (who all met Nerd as well,) from DCF, and I'm optimistic that when the opportunity presents itself, I'll meet more of you.
Account abandoned.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:32 am

Montegriffo wrote:Should I ever travel to the States there are definately people from the MHF and DCF I'm going to look up. I also have plenty of respect for those I don't necessarily agree with.
This is still one of the best places to visit to discuss many of the issues we face and I hope it will continue to be so.
Oi!

Should you ever drop by Canader don't forget to drop me a line...

I consider many here to be friends.

This has been a great little pub... and I expect it will continue to be. Just another chapter in its lore.

But like all pubs there are going to be spats... some more epic than others.

But when the place starts coming apart at the foundations... it's time to rally to defend the establishment.

Lots to learn about human nature at the local pub.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:54 am

DrYouth wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Should I ever travel to the States there are definately people from the MHF and DCF I'm going to look up. I also have plenty of respect for those I don't necessarily agree with.
Oi!

This has been a great little pub... and I expect it will continue to be. Just another chapter in its lore.

But when the place starts coming apart at the foundations... it's time to rally to defend the establishment.

I've actually got relatives in Canada. Dad's great Aunt Minnie (her decendants anyway). Not sure where they are but I'm sure I could find them if I really tried.
For sure I'd look you up, I'll come and teach your kids to juggle if they teach me to ski.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:04 pm

I guess no libertarians are willing to defend the anti-FAA FreedomSkies initiative.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:18 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Oi!

Huffington Post Himbo's exchanging recipes and canned liberal talking points online?

Meh, sounds pretty boring, can find that on Facebook.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Having contracted with the FAA, I’d trim those feathers waaaaay the fuck down.

But not abolish.

Although there is a tried and true system by which pilots
communicate with each other while circling a landing strip to determine the order of landing. So even with the absence of the FAA there are reliable ways to land planes.
:think:

But I think the core mission of the FAA is valid. Just disappointed that the vast majority of the personnel and budgeting at the FAA has damn little to do with the guys in the tower landing planes.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:35 pm

I too have contracted with them, and it had everything to do with how the guys in the tower managed traffic.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Who would win?

The FAA

or

One Heisenberg boi