Liberty vs. Libertarianism

DBTrek

Re: Liberty vs. Libertarianism

Post by DBTrek » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I too have contracted with them, and it had everything to do with how the guys in the tower managed traffic.
Your experience was probably better than mine. I worked at the HQ building where NOBODY worked in a tower, but we had almost a thousand employees doing FISA requests, Civil Rights reviews, real estate and planning, and building operations. When congress failed to pass a budget in time one year and all the “non-essential” FAA employees were told to stay home guess how many folks showed up the next day.

If your guess is “none” then you’re on the right track.

A thousand FAA workers that even the government knows aren’t essential to FAA operations. And that’s just in the one location I worked, not nationwide. That’s my experience.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:54 pm

The FAA is a really big agency. They deal with a lot of issues from air traffic control to flight safety to maintenance standards. I am sure there exist lots and lots of lazy people there, as there are in any government bureaucracy, but I promise you that FreedomSkies would result in planes crashing everywhere.

The aviation industry is relatively safe *because* of the high standards. You should see how they run shit overseas. Planes crash all the time in the third world.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:39 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:The FAA is a really big agency. They deal with a lot of issues from air traffic control to flight safety to maintenance standards. I am sure there exist lots and lots of lazy people there, as there are in any government bureaucracy, but I promise you that FreedomSkies would result in planes crashing everywhere.

The aviation industry is relatively safe *because* of the high standards. You should see how they run shit overseas. Planes crash all the time in the third world.
In a truly free market, planes would not crash, because customers would be able to change airlines midflight if they saw that their plane was about to collide with another. They would have the choice not die in a collision, because as rational consumers, who would want to be cooked alive mid air? Not me, that's for sure, especially when they could just hop on another plane that is also in the air.
Shikata ga nai

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:57 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Ya'll ever been at a social gathering where you make a sort of off color joke, and nobody really gets it, so you double, and then triple down on it in the hope that it will eventually land?
All my jokes land; it's just sometimes I forget to put the wheels down, or I get the wrong airport. (Real experience. Lost my Pilot's license because of it.)
I knew a guy who did that. Ruined a perfectly good airplane.