Liberty vs. Libertarianism

Martin Hash

Liberty vs. Libertarianism

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:52 pm

Over the past couple weeks, this forum has degenerated into warring factions, and participation has plummeted. I watched with great interest because I had two theories riding on the results, and I think I can consider them proven:
1) Canadians don't understand liberty. Americans are taught from childhood to leave others alone so that they will leave you alone, the very essence of liberty. As I've stated elsewhere: a child in America understands personal responsibility better than adults in other countries; you only cut in line a couple times in America before some cowboy who's conceal carrying corrects your ways. But Canadians, they're like teenagers at the movie theater.
2) Also as I've previously stated, Libertarians deny that they rely on State Violence to live their lives of first-come-first-serve. This forum is bursting with closet Libertarians who would watch this place burn down out of perversity then blame some vague authority.

p.s. My old forum kept springing back to life like one of those novelty birthday candles, so I suspect this one will too.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Re: Liberty vs. Libertarianism

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 am

Martin Hash wrote:Over the past couple weeks, this forum has degenerated into warring factions, and participation has plummeted. I watched with great interest because I had two theories riding on the results, and I think I can consider them proven:
1) Canadians don't understand liberty. Americans are taught from childhood to leave others alone so that they will leave you alone, the very essence of liberty. As I've stated elsewhere: a child in America understands personal responsibility better than adults in other countries; you only cut in line a couple times in America before some cowboy who's conceal carrying corrects your ways. But Canadians, they're like teenagers at the movie theater.
2) Also as I've previously stated, Libertarians deny that they rely on State Violence to live their lives of first-come-first-serve. This forum is bursting with closet Libertarians who would watch this place burn down out of perversity then blame some vague authority.

p.s. My old forum kept springing back to life like one of those novelty birthday candles, so I suspect this one will too.
You know what you need to do if you want to save it Martin.

The most liberty to the most people.

It might already be too late but it's worth a try.

Time to cut out the cancer Dr Hash.

Remember, there's a big difference between having liberties and taking liberties.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:36 am

Martin Hash wrote:Over the past couple weeks, this forum has degenerated into warring factions, and participation has plummeted. I watched with great interest because I had two theories riding on the results, and I think I can consider them proven:

Not sure about the warring factions part. Seems to be a table for two who declared war with help from the waitstaff who basically dared them to do so. This place is on the fast track to becoming a shithole 3rd world forum.

Your 1st point is self evident. Your 2nd is interesting but I don't see the blame aspect from the known libertarians. Martinhash.com/forums is the joey that couldn't climb into the mother pouch or was it smothered by a couple during its toddler years? Either way. Dead is dead. /shrug

Your forum may spring back to life but it won't be DCF reincarnated. It was a fair attempt to keep a more good than bad thing going but it sure feels like that era is dying, if not already dead, as you get blatantly teabagged on your own tab.
Last edited by Haumana on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:55 am

There were over a dozen people who voted for "No moderation at all." Those are Libertarian/Anarchists. I want to see at least one admit that "Libertarianism depends on State violence" then I will do something.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Martin Hash wrote:There were over a dozen people who voted for "No moderation at all." Those are Libertarian/Anarchists. I want to see at least one admit that "Libertarianism depends on State violence" then I will do something.
You are free to shit all over your most liberty to the most people catch phrase any time and ban us. Stop pandering to the mob and act as you feel, it's your forum, not the whinny bitches forum.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Sometimes you must deny liberty to the few to ensure it for the many. Ever heard of Gitmo?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:28 pm

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:There were over a dozen people who voted for "No moderation at all." Those are Libertarian/Anarchists. I want to see at least one admit that "Libertarianism depends on State violence" then I will do something.
You are free to shit all over your most liberty to the most people catch phrase any time and ban us. Stop pandering to the mob and act as you feel, it's your forum, not the whinny bitches forum.
Dude, I learn from watching this forum. Read the OP again; those are salient points. Even now, the forum is being further destructed by reactionary forces. How long will that go on?

In the end, there may be nothing left but that's on you. You guys want to burn down your own neighborhood, well, that's just ironic.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Sometimes you must deny liberty to the few to ensure it for the many. Ever heard of Gitmo?
The many have their liberty, they just want to limit the liberty of others because they don't like how they use their liberty. Nice try.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:30 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Dude, I learn from watching this forum. Read the OP again; those are salient points. Even now, the forum is being further destructed by reactionary forces. How long will that go on?

In the end, there may be nothing left but that's on you. You guys want to burn down your own neighborhood, well, that's just ironic.
We ain't burning anything down, don't blame us for exercising our liberty in a way some other posters don't like. We aren't taking anyone's liberty away, but they sure are threatening to take ours away and crying for us to be banned. Me and Smitty know what liberty is, the same can't be said of many of the Americans on this board, you have no salient points in your OP.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:31 pm

StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Sometimes you must deny liberty to the few to ensure it for the many. Ever heard of Gitmo?
The many have their liberty, they just want to limit the liberty of others because they don't like how they use their liberty. Nice try.
Dude, that's called "Most Liberty to Most People." I'm making a better argument by letting the aristocrats run amok than any words. It's actually more a question of whether you have the wisdom to see it?