The Fed

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The Fed

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:11 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Don't you know how to read those? The "Coupon Equivalent" is only due to the discount, the real coupon is 0.
I don't think that means what you think it means. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/coupon-rate.asp

I'm not familiar with 'coupons', but that doesn't seem to fit what you're talking about.
Coupon is the face value interest rate. It's usually a 6 month payout but there's 1-year and monthly coupons too. Many bonds have no Coupon, the Face of the bond, $1000, pays out in 6 months or a year, but the bond was purchased at a Discount, let's say 5%, so the Yield would be 5% at redemption. So that's a 0% Coupon, 5% Yield bond. Treasuries purchased by the Fed have no Coupon and no Discount, so their Yield is 0.
Well, that's actually terrifying, in a way. So the Fed has no incentive to protect their bonds in holding. I was holding that as the one saving grace of the coming crash, that they wouldn't let the bond market burn.

Seems I was wrong about that.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:33 pm

The Collapse won’t be because of The Debt. It will be the $50K average CC debt, and the $trillion Student loan debt, and the 50:1 PE ratios. Imaginary money will play no part.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Martin Hash wrote:The Collapse won’t be because of The Debt. It will be the $50K average CC debt, and the $trillion Student loan debt, and the 50:1 PE ratios. Imaginary money will play no part.
Oh, it most certainly will. King Dollah is on the way out, as the main reserve currency. Hyper-inflation is not going to be imaginary at all.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:10 pm

I'm just jazzed about the upcoming Thunderdome lifestyle. I wonder if Capps will become GCF's main squeeze in the no-homo biker gang.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:35 pm

We'd burn through the gas and bullets pretty quick.

Nah, it'll be more like the postman meets last of the mohicans.

Horses and tomahawks. Sneakin' up real quiet like.

Good thing I moved to horse country.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751