Conscientiousness

Martin Hash

Re: Conscientiousness

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:37 am

Haumana wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:An altruistic act releases dopamine so there is that. Is that what you’re inferring?
That would belie the selfless act, wouldn't it? A personal gain. Muh feelz.
You know, I was a computer programmer. My simulations would perform “selfless acts” but they weren’t altruistic. Humans respond to incentives. Altruism requires dopamine.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:An altruistic act releases dopamine so there is that. Is that what you’re inferring?
You know, I was a computer programmer. My simulations would perform “selfless acts” but they weren’t altruistic. Humans respond to incentives. Altruism requires dopamine.
So we agree then ? Altruism is like Utopia. It doesn't exist among humans. There are no selfless actions.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 am

It's more a factor of your genes throwing you under the bus so that they can survive to reproduce (in other people who share those same genetics). This is why your highest altruistic feelings are towards your children. Then your kin. Then your immediate clan or village, and on up. It's why we get more upset when Americans are affected by some tragedy than we do if some foreigners are affected by a similar tragedy. It's why we care more about terrorists running over a dozen white Europeans more than we care about them blowing a dozen Christian Arabs. It's why we care more about terrorists blowing up a dozen Christian Arabs (when we are Christians) than we do terrorists blowing up a dozen Sufis.

This shit isn't rocket science, guy.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:53 am

Haumana wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote:
So we agree then ? Altruism is like Utopia. It doesn't exist among humans. There are no selfless actions.
Well, you just proved autism does.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:54 am

My quibble with DrY here is that I do not for a moment believe women are particularly more altruistic than men. Not even remotely so. Women manipulate men by hijacking our overdeveloped sense of altruism towards women. Women don't constantly signal this equality of outcomes garbage because they are altruistic, but because men are altruistic, and this is a means for women to secure status and resources they didn't otherwise earn.

You don't see women clamoring for equality when men get the short end of the stick (which is most of the time). They have precious little sympathy for men. At all.

Men are the ones who evolved to actually utilize these genetic behaviors in ways that profit our constituent genetics. Women's only impact on this score is their ability to keep their infants alive long enough to grow up and hopefully reproduce. Women weren't the ones sacrificing themselves for the group. That's not to say that they don't feel it, or that women have not acted altruistically, but that it's not inherently "their" trait, and they sure as hell don't possess that trait in greater abundance to men.

Both of these traits are male traits. I don't think blue pill men, even the highly educated ones, are able to see this very clearly.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 am

Jordan Peterson doesn't say women are more altruistic than men, he says they're more "agreeable," which is a combination of testosterone, altruism, and unknown genetic factors. (Personally, I'd chalk it all up to testosterone.)

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:01 am

I am not sure "agreeable" is how I would characterize the female side of our species, but okay.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:04 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: You know, I was a computer programmer. My simulations would perform “selfless acts” but they weren’t altruistic. Humans respond to incentives. Altruism requires dopamine.
Well, you just proved autism does.
How so? Even if I proved autism, you have yet to begin to prove altruism. Let's see that scientific method and studies you so adamantly claim. Oh wait, you are a feelz guy too? Follow any path long enough and one will come to a leap of faith. adding that one to my sig too.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:05 am

Humans do not operate on magic.

We are bags full of organic machinery and chemicals. The One Ring That Rules Them All is testosterone: it differentiates the sexless embryo into a male, then continues to instantiate subsequent differences in development. Personality with & without testosterone is dramatic. Shoot a female with a man's dose of testosterone every day then come back in a year; you'll have a female genetically, but a male socially.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 am

Genetically, I think women evolved traits and skills to smooth over interpersonal conflicts within the familial and clan groups. Which is why they are so good at doing the opposite of those things when they want to (a social media account in the hands of some women is like a loaded gun).

From my perspective, most men's conception of what women really are is a fairy tale. Women are amazing in their way, and they possess a lot of latent abilities that we must spend much time learning to acquire rather than being gifted those skills by nature. But the stuff most blue pilled men think are "female traits" are really male traits.

Mercy
Compassion
Altruism
Conscientiousness
Justice/fair play/sportsmanship

Everything that is used against you to manipulate you is a male trait. You can't just turn this around and use these same tactics on women. They literally don't care about your suffering, or justice, or mercy, or any of that stuff. I don't know how else to spell it out for men. Women really don't care about you that much.