Conscientiousness

Martin Hash

Re: Conscientiousness

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 am

Haumana wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote:

:lol: :lol: What a deal! Who could refuse? You say word-parser like it is an epithet. "Mean what you say and say what your mean" My new sig. Blame me if you must.
Word-smithing, language torture, and Oral Illusions are normally the domain of Lefty linguists. Phrase parsing comes from The Right.
Let's not also lose track of the fact that the guy touting the "scientific method" is complaining about specifics of using language to convey a thought/argument. Too rich indeed.
R U conflating language with science?!
Language is ART. (Or a weapon, as exhibited in this forum.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:03 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: Word-smithing, language torture, and Oral Illusions are normally the domain of Lefty linguists. Phrase parsing comes from The Right.
Let's not also lose track of the fact that the guy touting the "scientific method" is complaining about specifics of using language to convey a thought/argument. Too rich indeed.
R U conflating language with science?!
Language is ART. (Or a weapon, as exhibited in this forum.)
Cute. Science is conveyed through the medium of language. Still waiting for your scientific method reference on altruism, btw.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:08 am

Here, let me reread the OP... (You might too?)

Maybe you don’t know JP? He’s the most important voice in Clinical (scientific) Physchology today.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:14 am

Martin Hash wrote:Here, let me reread the OP... (You might too?)

Maybe you don’t know JP? He’s the most important voice in Clinical (scientific) Physchology today.
Yeah, I reread it. I am well aware of Jordan Peterson. I dig his stuff, for the most part. I do seem to have a particular problem with the word/concept of altruism, which I stated in my first response to this thread. But words from his mouth doesn't a scientific method make.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:15 am

You still don't understand that altruism is a genetic behavior?

You literally inherited it.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:25 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:You still don't understand that altruism is a genetic behavior?

You literally inherited it.
Do you fancy yourself as a selfless individual?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:28 am

Posting to this forum has a component of altruism. You truly wish to inform people even though you don’t receive any benefit from it. Otherwise you would lie. There’s plenty of selfish reasons to post here too but that’s a selfless reason.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:32 am

An altruistic act releases dopamine so there is that. Is that what you’re inferring?

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 am

Martin Hash wrote:Posting to this forum has a component of altruism. You truly wish to inform people even though you don’t receive any benefit from it. Otherwise you would lie. There’s plenty of selfish reasons to post here too but that’s a selfless reason.
HA! Inform people why? Because you think that you know something that they don't? You might hit upon some minor celebrity status? This whole forum is an ode to your ego, Martin. It feeds you to know that the DCF refugees can take refuge here all because of you.

PS. I have seen more than one lie here. You can't know ones motivations and we are as sure as shit a long way away from any sort of Scientific Method.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 am

Martin Hash wrote:An altruistic act releases dopamine so there is that. Is that what you’re inferring?
That would belie the selfless act, wouldn't it? A personal gain. Muh feelz.