Conscientiousness

Martin Hash

Re: Conscientiousness

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:03 am

If you’re autistically interpreting a dictionary phrase that blinds your objectivity, spell it “altruysm.”
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:06 am

Martin Hash wrote:I appreciate your anecdote as entertainment but I’m talking clinical science. Scientific Method, all that.
Sweet! Let your scientific method freak flag fly. Show me the data on how one human selflessly supplicates to another. I really want to believe in altruism too.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:09 am

Martin Hash wrote:I appreciate your anecdote as entertainment but I’m talking clinical science. Scientific Method, all that.
Sweet! Let your scientific method freak flag fly. Show me the data on how one human selflessly gives to another. I really want to believe in altruism too.

*Supplicates was the right sentiment but wrong word. Selflessly meaning zero benefit to ones self including psychological benefits of feeling good.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 am

I just saw you post into a thread with a link to a scientific study! Be like The Left, word parse away, it convinces no one.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:21 am

Martin Hash wrote:I just saw you post into a thread with a link to a scientific study! Be like The Left, word parse away, it convinces no one.
Which thread? What definition of altruism do you use?
Martin Hash wrote:If you’re autistically interpreting a dictionary phrase that blinds your objectivity, spell it “altruysm.”
I missed this gem. But if we are boiling the pot to get to whats left then is it truly autistic? I guess selfish motivators come into play at this juncture. You want to convince and I want to see what wasn't boiled away. Right and wrong depends on the rules that one chooses to agree to play by.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:24 am

You are a perfect candidate for my pamphlet Philosophy of an Old Cyber-Cowboy

p.s. Normally, I would call it a "book," but you're a word-parser.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:27 am

Martin Hash wrote:You are a perfect candidate for my pamphlet Philosophy of an Old Cyber-Cowboy

:lol: :lol: What a deal! Who could refuse? You say word-parser like it is an epithet. "Mean what you say and say what your mean" My new sig. Blame me if you must.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:33 am

Haumana wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:You are a perfect candidate for my pamphlet Philosophy of an Old Cyber-Cowboy

:lol: :lol: What a deal! Who could refuse? You say word-parser like it is an epithet. "Mean what you say and say what your mean" My new sig. Blame me if you must.
Word-smithing, language torture, and Oral Illusions are normally the domain of Lefty linguists. Phrase parsing comes from The Right.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:42 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Word-smithing, language torture, and Oral Illusions are normally the domain of Lefty linguists.
oh. Fuck me for using a dictionary, I didn't realize that was a trait of the particular 50/50 split. I did ask you for the scientific method that you referenced, right? Still waiting.

Is this a debate tactic? I am not formally trained but around here we call it "Last Word, Bitch." Because, unless something new and thought provoking follows rather than some gussied up ad hom, you get the LWB. Winning!!!????

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:51 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Word-smithing, language torture, and Oral Illusions are normally the domain of Lefty linguists. Phrase parsing comes from The Right.
Let's not also lose track of the fact that the guy touting the "scientific method" is complaining about specifics of using language to convey a thought/argument. Too rich indeed.