Irrational

Martin Hash

Re: Irrationality

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:51 pm

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
DBTrek wrote:How is an organic organism making decisions based upon prolonging it’s survival and maximizing its comfort irrational?
I'll program that for you. Something no one denies I'm one of the world's experts in. I'll bet 90% of the time, a person would make a different choice than logic dictates.
Funny, that's Scott Adams estimated ratio of rational decision making for humans. I'm onto you Dilbert.
He doesn't make claims based on authority but instead uses metaphysical concepts like affirmations, hypnotism & persuasion as proof? I can tell he's correct in his conclusions but I replace his analysis with something objectively defendable like logic & science.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Re: Irrationality

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:56 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
DBTrek wrote:How is an organic organism making decisions based upon prolonging it’s survival and maximizing its comfort irrational?
I'll program that for you. Something no one denies I'm one of the world's experts in. I'll bet 90% of the time, a person would make a different choice than logic dictates.
Would your program function off the same knowledge base I use for decision making, or a different one?

People like Ray Dalio have made fortunes running their decision making in parallel with “logic programs” they devised, but that setup is still vulnerable to flawed assumptions and knowledge gaps. That doesn’t indicate irrational decision making so much as a lack of omnipotence.
My simulation would be closer than most programmers to how people make decisions because my basis is well anchored in biology. (See my book Philosophy of an Old Cyber-Cowboy)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change