Sloth

DrYouth

Re: Sloth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:38 am

Martin Hash wrote:We have the word "lazy," we don't need a synonym, but if you have a word for busy people that don't produce, I'm open to it. I'd like to use it in further debate.
Don't use sloth...

Sloths are super slow moving... and they shit like once a month...

Busy people that don't produce usually move pretty quickly and shit more often than that.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:50 am

Maybe content??

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:54 am

Parasites.

Right?

That’s where this is going. If you aren’t “producing” but still consuming then you’ve formed a parasitic relationship with society. You are a drag on the resources. You are a net minus. The world is worse off for your existence. Productivity is the only metric that matters in a dog eat dog world. I will now turn the mic over to Chairman Hash who has some ideas on how to turn all this dead weight into lampshades ... er, I mean societal assets.

:shock:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:56 am

I'm slothful all the time when I'm exercising, eating special food, and being entertained. I'm busily consuming without producing: sloth.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:I'm slothful all the time when I'm exercising, eating special food, and being entertained. I'm busily consuming without producing: sloth.
Maintaining the physical body you inhabit and relaxing the mind that *is* Martin Hash so it can maintain a healthy life balance is sloth?

Sounds like some serious central-planning propaganda to me.
Any work or maintenance you do for yourself is a sin.
Only what you produce for society counts!

Count me out of that.
Internet is full of people practicing no self care, but fully dedicated to telling the rest of us what we owe them (what we should be producing for society, aka them).
Wasteland.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:05 pm

DB's idea of "Central Planning"

Production = Consumption

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Hash’s idea of productivity:

Did it benefit the state/society?
No?
Then it wasn’t productive, you sloth.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:09 pm

You can be slothful on a desert island but you'll die soon enough exercising, eating special food, and being entertained.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Slothful people can be quite active pursuing their own self-gratification, but there is no net achievement.
So .... I take it you’re done with wondering why your 3 doctorates aren’t revered, and have accepted them as a couple decades worth of pursuit in unrepentant sloth?

Because your paper degrees were surely satisfying to you, but they haven’t produced shit for the rest of us.
;)

This is the blind spot of your sloth argument.
It is defined as entirely dependent on benefitting others, which is bullshit.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Don't come to me for medical care because I don't serve people who don't believe I have the knowledge.
Don't come to me for legal services because I don't serve people who don't believe I have the knowledge.
Don't come to me to get your taxes done because I don't serve people who don't believe I have the knowledge.
Don't come to me to design & engineer anything because I don't serve people who don't believe I have the knowledge.
Don't come to me to review your patent because I don't serve people who don't believe I have the knowledge.

Now, those muscles, how can they be of any use to me? What about that special food, I'll just eat some oatmeal? And why do I care what you're doing in WoW?