Sloth

Martin Hash

Sloth

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:28 am

Sloth is an old word, kind of strange, rather misunderstood. Laziness is often considered the definition of sloth but lazy people don’t like to do anything, while slothful people don’t actually accomplish anything. Slothful people can be quite active pursuing their own self-gratification, but there is no net achievement. This must be a subconscious choice, otherwise where’s the discussion? Everyone loves to talk about themselves, and they would volunteer their intention to consume without producing if they recognized their motives.

As a nation, dissatisfaction has hit a level where many people feel their situation can be improved by The Collapse. There is no impetus for them to contribute to the existing status quo so they participate in purely slothful activities like fitness, food & fantasy (entertainment). This is not only selfish enjoyment for them but it hastens The Collapse because even if they can't verbalize the connection, instinctively these people know that the economy crashes when consumption exceeds production. It also explains their disdain toward productive achievement, because that prolongs the coming of The Collapse.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Re: Sloth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:31 am

Martin Hash wrote: so they participate in purely slothful activities like fitness...
:?:

My Hashspeak lexicon just spontaneously combusted.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:33 am

DrYouth wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: so they participate in purely slothful activities like fitness...

Sloth is consumption without production.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:44 am

Martin Hash wrote:
DrYouth wrote:

Sloth is consumption without production.

I get what you're saying - no reason for them to spend so much time being fit....but, I don't think that constitutes sloth....

Fitness reduces consumption of medical services.....thus, it's kind of sort of "productive"....

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 am

“How come the lawn didn’t get mowed?”
“I was really busy working out, eating special food, and playing video games.”

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:06 am

I don't have enough money to be slothful, I'd like to have enough to give it a try, but I don't. Guess I'll just have to keep working.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 am

Production before consumption.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:21 am

Here is your mistake:

When the collapse comes, the fit people will have an advantage over the fatties who have been slaving in their office cube for 60 hours per week. Gym rats are taking over.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:25 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Here is your mistake:

When the collapse comes, the fit people will have an advantage over the fatties who have been slaving in their office cube for 60 hours per week. Gym rats are taking over.
STA's trim physique is a national asset.

Especially when he wields his +5 mace of bitter rage.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:35 am

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Here is your mistake:

STA's trim physique is a national asset.

Especially when he wields his +5 mace of bitter rage.

In truth, I still need to lose about 10-15 lbs of fat before I am where I want to be. I did a long bulk this year which was a big mistake.

But I do take exception with the characterization of fitness with sloth. Indeed, I think the opposite. People who focus on their health tend to be the least slothful. They often use strength and conditioning as a foundation. It builds willpower and ambition. I think it's a mistake to make that your foundation, but verily I say unto thee: a lot of very successful people have come from the fitness world. It's probably one of the most effective willpower and ambition building lifestyles for the average person.

If you wanted to reduce slothfulness in our society, then you should start by increasing mandatory fitness regimens in schools. We minimize a focus on strength building, conditioning, and physical competition to our detriment. In fact, I think we minimized these things because the people who now run the schools and education systems realized weaker boys means more democrats, but that's another story.

If you want to avert a collapse, start encouraging people to get their health in order and get stronger. Seriously. Martin is 180 degrees off target here.

With respect to video games, movies, drinking and partying.. yeah. Then he'd have a point.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.