Dark Matter is Ether

Martin Hash

Re: Dark Matter is Ether

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 pm

My goal was to get a date-stamp on this thread for my prediction that dark matter will turn out to be ether, and personally, I think photons will be that ether.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 am

We all know, deep down, that dark matter is just the Lovercraftian phantom world filled with cruel gods trying to get into our reality.

That is why everyone hates it.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:12 am

I'll just go with the standard model being wrong, dark matter simply an attempt to prop up the ancien regime.

It's not that there's invisible matter, more likely invisible dimensions, it's more complex than what we can view, wherever it is the bulk of the gravitational force is hiding, the answer is there.

BSM is already here, they've only had the Hadron for a few years, and it's a rather rudimentary piece of kit, and yet; B meson decay, quantum cromodynamics; already it's approaching the five sigma barrier.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 am

I don't really know why we would assume that most of the universe would interact with light the way visible matter does.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:08 am

I don't think that's the assumption, hence the question; what is this thing which has so much effect on gravity, and yet does not interact with light?

There's plenty of stuff which is dark, and effecting gravity, but you see it, because in doing so, it bends the light, but there's something which is effecting gravity on a massive scale, galactic scales, and yet light passes through it without bending. What is it? Weak interacting particles, which have massive effects on gravity, but not light?
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 am

I think it was the assumption, and people still often seem a bit irritated by the idea that the vast majority 'stuff' with gravitational relevance is hidden from our senses.

When I first learned about dark matter and energy I remember initially thinking, 'well, that just can't be right.'

What is it? I daren't speculate, but whatever it is, it is the universe, apparently. All the things we can sense are the exotic, and rare bits of the universe that happen to interact with light. Lessin' of course them nerd scientists fudged it all up.
Last edited by Hanarchy Montanarchy on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:25 am

It's just a place holder for whatever it is that is bending galaxies, but not light. Strong enough to account for massive gravitational structures, and yet the light passes through it without bending.

Dark matter would be particles which are so diffuse, so ethereal, that they don't bend light, but collectively, there's so much of it, it moves matter on a galactic scale, and yet we can't detect it. Hence the Weak Interacting Massive Particles theory.

I think the real question is; why is gravity so weak? Where does all the gravity go? Wherever all that extra gravity is hiding, is where the interaction is, and so it's not matter at all, because it's happening outside of four dimensions.

It's not invisible matter, it's invisible gravity, there's more gravity, and it's somewhere light does not go. Everything is heavier than it appears to be, and the light doesn't pass though that extra weight, it passes right by it.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:01 am

Martin Hash wrote:Every infinitesimal point in space has an almost infinite number of photons occupying it at any instant in time. How do I know? Because every star can be seen from anywhere. Light is energy, and energy is mass, hence dark matter. This is the 19th Century ether theory.
Martin you are really making my blood boil. Neil deGrasse Tyson AND Bill Nye said Dark Matter is real. End of story. Those guys are important thinkers amd great scientists who discovered the trans gender.
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 pm

Adding to my Dark Matter theory:

We know how many micro joules of energy it takes to expose an LCD pixel, and we know the speed of light, so we know how many joules a photon has, maybe 20 decimal places. We know about how many stars are shooting photons through any infinitesimal point in space, about the 12th power, so we can compute how many joules are at any point in space, about 8-11 decimal points. If indeed E=mC^2, then we know the mass at this point in space and can compare it to the mass of missing Dark Matter. If within a couple orders of magnitude, protons can be assumed to be Dark Matter.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Adding to my Dark Matter theory:

We know how many micro joules of energy it takes to expose an LCD pixel, and we know the speed of light, so we know how many joules a photon has, maybe 20 decimal places. We know about how many stars are shooting photons through any infinitesimal point in space, about the 12th power, so we can compute how many joules are at any point in space, about 8-11 decimal points. If indeed E=mC^2, then we know the mass at this point in space and can compare it to the mass of missing Dark Matter. If within a couple orders of magnitude, protons can be assumed to be Dark Matter.
I think you're abusing the equation pretty heavily.

Regardless, you're hypothesizing that photons emit gravity, without having mass. However, we know that the radiation pressure of the sun has a small physical repulsive effect on objects. So your hypothesis has to balance that in as well.

Plus, photons are of course moving at the speed of light. It stretches the imagination that they might exert some residual gravitational effect as they go speeding through empty space, in any amount that could affect galactic motion.

Possible, not really plausible though.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0