Relativity is Relatively Misunderstood

Martin Hash

Re: Relativity is Relatively Misunderstood

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:13 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:11 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 am
Those jokers that fly airplanes around the world real fast then claim they've proved time travel (or dilation, whatever you want to call it) have only proved that the speed of light is constant and that their onboard measuring equipment didn't take that into account. (How could it?)

Here's a way to check:
A bullet shoots two rays of light, one back and one forward along its path. Measure the time each ray was received at either end of the path; the total will be the same time it takes a single ray of light to get from one receiver to the next. If time was different in the bullet, that wouldn't be the case.

If the bullet continuously shot rays, beams of light, and measurements were continually made at the receivers, the time since the bullet started at one receiver and ended at the other would HAVE TO BE THE SAME as the time in the bullet because the bullet is shooting the beams.
It is the same, but you'll receive more compressed light at the destination detector, than the departure detector. See: Redshift.

Also, a bullet is moving nowhere near relativistic speeds. Spacecraft go many times faster.
Bullets go the same speed as airplanes which is what I was comparing to.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:14 am

StA, if you want to get in on this masturbation, you got to stoke your own dick, stay away from mine.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 am

Fam, this guy keeps deleting posts that are not in any way against this forum's policies. He just loses the debate and deletes your post.

Democrats.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:13 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 am
Those jokers that fly airplanes around the world real fast then claim they've proved time travel (or dilation, whatever you want to call it) have only proved that the speed of light is constant and that their onboard measuring equipment didn't take that into account. (How could it?)

Here's a way to check:
A bullet shoots two rays of light, one back and one forward along its path. Measure the time each ray was received at either end of the path; the total will be the same time it takes a single ray of light to get from one receiver to the next. If time was different in the bullet, that wouldn't be the case.

If the bullet continuously shot rays, beams of light, and measurements were continually made at the receivers, the time since the bullet started at one receiver and ended at the other would HAVE TO BE THE SAME as the time in the bullet because the bullet is shooting the beams.
It is the same, but you'll receive more compressed light at the destination detector, than the departure detector. See: Redshift.

Also, a bullet is moving nowhere near relativistic speeds. Spacecraft go many times faster.
The relativistic effect is observed in long-duration spaceflight. It's a known factor in satellite technology (GPS, etc).

The atomic clocks fall out of sync with ground-based clocks, at a steady rate.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:04 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:01 am
It's ironic that Martin complains about this censorious behavior when he is the target.
This ain't the thread for it but I've already said my opinion of Free Speech has changed since running for federal office, plus experiencing how this forum had become a detriment to my personal aspirations.

"Those who don't adjust are doomed to fail." - me
This is incredibly ironic.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:21 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:04 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:01 am
It's ironic that Martin complains about this censorious behavior when he is the target.
This ain't the thread for it but I've already said my opinion of Free Speech has changed since running for federal office, plus experiencing how this forum had become a detriment to my personal aspirations.

"Those who don't adjust are doomed to fail." - me
This is incredibly ironic.
Agree.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:23 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:13 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

The relativistic effect is observed in long-duration spaceflight. It's a known factor in satellite technology (GPS, etc).

The atomic clocks fall out of sync with ground-based clocks, at a steady rate.
I'm just willing to take on the airplanes prove time travel people right now. Though I suspect once I learn more about the satellite adjustments, I'll determine it's the same thing.

p.s. Right off the bat, does anyone know if atomic decay is a constant (I mean an absolute constant) like light speed?

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:23 am

It’s the Friday thread to follow, folks.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:32 am

Martin's Magic Bullet takes down DARPA and all of our satellite communications? Yeah to the yeah.

That's the second best Magic Bullet I've seen. Keep at it and it might even get better than the Dealey Plaza physics void.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:34 am

Fuck this shit. Deleting posts because you lose a debate is pathetic.