Abortion

Martin Hash

Re: Abortion

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:35 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Courts have zero business deciding any of this. This is the role of legislatures, and the duty of "amateur moralists" to find some consensus on how to grapple with difficult moral issues since our votes have consequences in said legislatures.

The only role a court should have is on limiting the infringement of fundamental rights. The only thing they should ever have been doing was limiting the legalization of abortion in some cases, not expanding it.

They didn't even do that with slavery.
I can't say "BULLSHIT" loud enough. I don't trust democracy to tie my shoe laces, I only agree to it because the alternatives don't fit liberty as well.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:38 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Courts have zero business deciding any of this. This is the role of legislatures, and the duty of "amateur moralists" to find some consensus on how to grapple with difficult moral issues since our votes have consequences in said legislatures.

The only role a court should have is on limiting the infringement of fundamental rights. The only thing they should ever have been doing was limiting the legalization of abortion in some cases, not expanding it.

I can't say "BULLSHIT" loud enough. I don't trust democracy to tie my shoe laces, I only agree to it because the alternatives don't fit liberty as well.

I don't trust democracy OR the bloody judges.

The fact remains, it was never the constitutional role of the courts to do these things.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:44 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:

The fact remains, it was never the constitutional role of the courts to do these things.
How could you ordering anyone else what to do be any further away from liberty? This is EXACTLY what The Courts are for!

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:45 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: I can't say "BULLSHIT" loud enough. I don't trust democracy to tie my shoe laces, I only agree to it because the alternatives don't fit liberty as well.

How could you ordering anyone else what to do be any further away from liberty? This is EXACTLY what The Courts are for!

The Constitution does *not* empower the courts to do this.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:49 am

What the hell?! It's prima facie that they can.

And The Constitution is NOT a mystical document: it was not handed down from God. It means whatever we need it to mean at the time we need it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:49 am

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

And yet nowhere in the Constitution does it say the courts are the final arbiters of our moral dilemmas...

You are advocating sophistry that reduces the constitution to nothing more than a parchment contract. That attitude is why we now find ourselves in a police state, under mass surveillance, and with a federal government that seeks to dominate everything.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:52 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

And yet nowhere in the Constitution does it say the courts are the final arbiters of our moral dilemmas...

You are advocating sophistry that reduces the constitution to nothing more than a parchment contract. That attitude is why we now find ourselves in a police state, under mass surveillance, and with a federal government that seeks to dominate everything.
In the case of abortion, the federal government protects from YOU dominating everything.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:53 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Amendment X

In the case of abortion, the federal government protects from YOU dominating everything.

LOL

That's not really what happened. Now the federal government seeks to dominate everybody to force them to participate in an evil act that half of Americans think is a moral evil. It's exactly like the slavery issue all over again.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:57 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:That's not really what happened. Now the federal government seeks to dominate everybody to force them to participate in an evil act that half of Americans think is a moral evil. It's exactly like the slavery issue all over again.
Read the above back to yourself... Does that sound like a person I want having power over my daughter? I can barely tolerate you making decisions for yourself, let alone about my daughter, or anybody, or anything.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:39 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:That's not really what happened. Now the federal government seeks to dominate everybody to force them to participate in an evil act that half of Americans think is a moral evil. It's exactly like the slavery issue all over again.
Read the above back to yourself... Does that sound like a person I want having power over my daughter? I can barely tolerate you making decisions for yourself, let alone about my daughter, or anybody, or anything.

I haven't made any decisions for your daughter. I am pointing out to you the fact that it is NOT the judiciaries' role to decide moral matters. It is OUR responsibility -- The People -- to do this through our state legislatures. If you want your daughter to retain the right to kill her own babies, then it should be incumbent upon you to convince your fellow state citizens to keep it legal in your state (which shouldn't even be that difficult, so I don't know what you are crying about).

Is it scary that every breathing dumbass now has a vote? Yep! That's why the founders limited enfranchisement.