Abortion

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Abortion

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:40 pm

Haumana wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:06 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:03 am
As I said, the State can stay out of it except to change the definition of “fetus” then Free Enterprise will take over: wrongful death suits here we come.
Now there is a scenario. Paternal wrongful death suits. Sounds like apocalypse.
Then we can play ‘he said she said’ in court over who’s fault an abortion was.

“She felt intimidated into doing it”
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:03 pm

I don't think they can practically do anything about Roe v. Wade.

In hindsight, this seems like curse that comes with Trump. He packs the court with his partisans, sure. But then he kind of loses his marbles, kicks off an insurrection and actually has the joint chiefs hand effective power to Mike Pence. Now this guy is just completely insane, saying ever more stupid shit as time goes on (when asked about Putin savaging Ukraine he recently bitched about windmills). So with that batshit insanity as a backdrop for why those partisans are on the court, every time they consistently vote inline with the the political agenda of the person who put them there, they essentially torch the legitimacy of the court. There's nothing to actually enforce the court except people's assent. In the past, the court was so despised and lacking in legitimacy, it was ignored. That's how Andrew Jackson carried out the genocide of the Cherokee. The court told him he couldn't do it and he told him they need will need to muster their army to stop him.

Furthermore, there are all these subsequent rulings that are based on Roe v. Wade, and rulings based on those rulings. You are talking about scorched earth shit.

Maybe they will do it. Maybe they really are that partisan. Everything has to change if they do it, though. So many precedents then come into question. Because as many pointed out, nothing actually changed since Roe v. Wade was decided. Republicans just packed the court with Christian conservatives the republicans were reasonably sure would vote against Roe v. Wade.

The more I have thought about it, the less I can respect it. Even if you agree with the outcome of the ruling, how can you respect the court after that? These people are not making decisions based on law or integrity. It's just base partisanship. And if that's all the court is, then maybe we need a convention. Because that's not tenable. It's only a matter of time before the democrats pack the court. What then? Do you declare civil war on them when they do it? Yet if we do try to prevent that with a convention, the future constitution is going to contain the right to an abortion, the right to same-sex marriage, pretty much the apocalypse on Christian conservatism.

Trump could well have been the antichrist for Christian conservatives if you really consider the ramifications, but I suspect some of those judges are smart enough not to do this.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:21 pm

Jesus christ....

Trump Abortion, Trump Covid, Trump Russia. Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:24 pm

TDS is easily diagnosable.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:25 pm

I’m going to start trolling him.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change