Abortion

Fife

Re: Abortion

Post by Fife » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:32 pm

It's an interesting question, for sure.

It's certainly wrong on every level to take a human life without just reason (for an individual) or due process (for the state).

But what about creating life in a way unknown to posterity?

Edit:

>>>

I was answering the question as loliday posed it originally, before it was edited.

Prolly shoulda hit the "quote" button; that original got aborted, or maybe more like still-born. :twisted:
Last edited by Fife on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:37 pm

I leave that matter to moral theologians and ethicists. But, in a practical sense, artificial wombs really is the game over event for women. That's really the only thing they have going for them. Imagine if they actually had to compete with us. That, really, is how I see this feminist/marxist insanity as being so insane. They are pushing for the kinds of social and technological changes that would render women totally obsolete.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:50 pm

What I was getting at was this. I think viability is a red herring, for many pro choice supporters anyway. I think "life" is a worthwhile debate for sure, but I don't think the debate over abortion will end if the viability posts shift.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:52 pm

doc_loliday wrote:What I was getting at was this. I think viability is a red herring, for many pro choice supporters anyway. I think "life" is a worthwhile debate for sure, but I don't think the debate over abortion will end if the viability posts shift.

Problem being that viability was a key point in the justification for the abomination that is Roe v. Wade.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:47 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:A libertarian, as batshit as they are, does not support all "rights", and should be intelligent enough to understand why.
At any point in that video, does he justify restricting the actions of his fellow citizens?

Not a libertarian. Blatant violation of the NAP.
Since when does restricting murder need justification?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:43 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:A libertarian, as batshit as they are, does not support all "rights", and should be intelligent enough to understand why.
At any point in that video, does he justify restricting the actions of his fellow citizens?

Restricting anything needs justification.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:45 pm

I just thought up a great new analogy for the “viability problem”. Turns out that cancer cells are completely viable, after removal from the host.

Ever heard of HeLa cells? They’ve been used for nearly 100 years in medical testing, after being removed from a patient (without her knowledge). Is that not a living, viable organism?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:46 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Such an insufferable faggot.

No it doesn't.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Such an insufferable faggot.

No it doesn't.
Oh, I forgot. I’m arguing against the magical sky-man again.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:48 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I just thought up a great new analogy for the “viability problem”. Turns out that cancer cells are completely viable, after removal from the host.

Ever heard of HeLa cells? They’ve been used for nearly 100 years in medical testing, after being removed from a patient (without her knowledge). Is that not a living, viable organism?
There's your insufferable faggot leftist on display, folks. ^^^

Abortion at nine months is just a c-section, but removing a tumor is murder.

What a colossal piece of shit.