Abortion

heydaralon

Re: Abortion

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:11 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Natural Rights are mysticism.

“All Rights issue from the barrel of a gun.” - me
Mao said something very similar, but he didn't have a podcast, so if I were you I would just take sole credit for it. He can't do shit now, the guy is in formaldehyde in a Bejing museum or some shit.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:45 am

Lol “the unborn baby is capable of thought and speech, therefore”... oooook Guy.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:58 pm

In high school and college I heard a similar refrain from my teachers. It was something like, "No papers on abortion (or gun control), its been done so many times already." As a kid I just assumed that there must be nothing more to say. But it strikes me as backwards and controlling to not talk about the most highly contentious issues in our society.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 pm

doc_loliday wrote:In high school and college I heard a similar refrain from my teachers. It was something like, "No papers on abortion (or gun control), its been done so many times already." As a kid I just assumed that there must be nothing more to say. But it strikes me as backwards and controlling to not talk about the most highly contentious issues in our society.
I understand it from their pov. Having to read papers from 30 kids regurgitating MSM talking points on the same 2-3 topics every few months? I'd blow my brains out.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:08 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: I understand it from their pov. Having to read papers from 30 kids regurgitating MSM talking points on the same 2-3 topics every few months? I'd blow my brains out.

Math teachers grade the same math year after year. It's not the students job to entertain their teacher. I mean that's nice that the teacher doesn't have to read those papers, but then the kids never actually get exposed to these supposedly worn out arguments. Shouldn't students debate the hotly debated issues of society rather than avoid them?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:24 pm

Touché
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:34 pm

It's extremely illiberal to do something like that. They ought to consider the real message they're sending to the kids. It's a message that I subconsciously internalized until recently.

Not that I think the debate will ever be settled, at least not in our lifetimes. Human life may begin at conception, but practically speaking, is a zygote actually a person? The non religious pro choice argument is strongest because of its consistency, but at least the pro choice folks try to come up with an answer, even if the decision is, at its heart, somewhat arbitrary. Viability is an attempt, and not a terrible one, although I wonder if it is eventually self defeating. Will there ever be technology to grow a child in an artificial womb? Would that mean abortion is finally wrong?

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:51 pm

doc_loliday wrote:Will there ever be technology to grow a child in an artificial womb? Would that mean abortion is finally wrong?
To ask the question is to answer it.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:28 pm

Fife wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:Will there ever be technology to grow a child in an artificial womb? Would that mean abortion is finally wrong?

Outlaw artificial wombs as unethical.

Then abortion can continue forever.
Last edited by doc_loliday on Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Fife wrote:

Outlaw artificial wombs as unethical.

Artificial wombs may be unethical, but they represent reproductive freedom for men.

Did I mention technology is about to unwind the human condition yet? :shhh: