What Taxes Are Really For

Martin Hash

What Taxes Are Really For

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:45 pm

One of the reasons taxes are so vehemently disliked is because they are not understood: taxes are to REDISTRIBUTE wealth; preferably from those who have most of it to those who don't, the old Willie Sutton adage "I rob banks 'cuz that's where the money is." Why do we have to redistribute wealth, you ask? Because society is more than one person, everyone seems to forget that. I surrendered my Right to Violence to the State because it would be better off for me, but if I'm still doing shitty while one guy smokes $100 bills, well, then that Treaty is over. Johnny, get my gun.

It's totally natural for wealth to concentrate; that's what Capitalism does. Leave the system on overnight without anybody watching it, and when you wake up in the morning, everyone is a pauper except the guy in the Lear jet. The argument shouldn't be NO TAXES. The argument should be: do the taxes help me or hurt me. REGRESSIVE taxes, taxes on everyone to subsidize The Rich, HURT me. PROGRESSIVE taxes, taxes on the rich to redistribute the wealth so I'm satisfied with The Contract, HELP me.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Re: What Taxes Are Really For

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:42 pm

At least you acknowledge to whom taxes are intended to benefit.

heydaralon

Re: What Taxes Are Really For

Post by heydaralon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Fife wrote:At least you acknowledge to whom taxes are intended to benefit.
Fife just hates starving children in Zimbabwe.
Shikata ga nai