Congressional Shooting

Martin Hash

Congressional Shooting

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:42 am

Republican congressmen & staffers playing baseball in public were fired upon by a disgruntled, presumed Democrat. Democratic leaders then blame Trump... The shark has just been jumped.

As a student of political history, I know that even though the current climate of hyper-partisanship seems unprecedented, it isn't. The extreme Right-Left political split, with aristocrats on the one side & Marxists on the other, is a repeat of the late 1800s; the term “yellow journalism” was around a century before the current wave of biased news reporting; and we haven't had the Vice President kill the Secretary of the Treasury in a duel. What IS different is that everybody knows about it. Somebody there wrote a Facebook post & it was shared & shared until the whole world read it in less than a day. That makes it seem a lot more real & personal: people are literally being frightened by electronic ghosts.

Free Speech has also been under threat before, the difference this time is that it's the children doing the threatening. We have allowed the weakness of democracy, the fact that too few people vote about too many things, be exploited by the minority against the majority: a liberal college can declare a “No Whites Day,” and nobody says anything? Black-hooded rioters can prevent peaceful demonstrations, and are lauded for it. This is what's changed, the complicity of the State's monopoly on violence with minority factions wishing to take control for themselves. In the past, the vested interests were the ones in power, and were being challenged from the outside. Now the outsiders ARE the vested interests. I was an Obama supporter, and the claims that his policies were dividing the country were never clearly articulated, but Trump's election, and the promotion by The Left to act violently against those who they disagree with can clearly be placed at Obama's feet; you can just hear gunshots off in the distance..
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

de officiis

Re: Congressional Shooting

Post by de officiis » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:50 pm

I think you're right about Obama and getting to the core about what's going on.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:50 am

de officiis wrote:I think you're right about Obama and getting to the core about what's going on.
I agree, but you've used too many prepositions. ;)
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 am

"Electronic ghosts" is good, and overall, so is the presentation, and backdrop. The voice modulation is all right, but the breaks pop, and the reverb is much too high (it sounds like a bathroom in a stairwell, which would be fine, if yours was a less naturally projecting voice.) Perhaps a little face powder wouldn't hurt.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:01 am

You can get a voice filter to sound more intimidating.

The guy who does the African drug lord act on CoD is probably a total fag, but the voice he uses on there commands respect.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:28 pm

I GRANT YOU ONE OPPATUNATIE

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
de officiis wrote:I think you're right about Obama and getting to the core about what's going on.
I agree, but you've used too many prepositions. ;)
Your observations of a pointed nature about another writer's decisions regarding the extent to which to use prepositional phrases when the obvious purpose of the usage is to convey a particular message of intent and of hidden meaning is something that would only be suitable for the joy and satisfaction of a school-marmy type of person the likes of which we are of great fortune to only encounter rarely, if ever, in these pages of high esteem.

And shit. :goteam: :drunk:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Keep your hands off my prepositions! Fuck off with the patriarchy!

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Definitely.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change