Nuclear Energy

Martin Hash

Nuclear Energy

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:06 am

My generation of Americans (Baby-boomers) was absolutely traumatized by the word “nuclear.” As a grade-schooler in Nevada, we practiced “duck-and-cover” several times a year. Duck-and-cover was supposed to protect us from earthquakes and atom bombs. Even though our teachers reassured us the possibility was remote, impressionable young children cannot make such sophisticated distinctions, so we lived in constant fear of dying a horrible death from invisible rays that rotted our bodies from the inside. (As an adult I am still aghast by the idiocy of public officials who perpetrated those inane “safety” exercises.) Consequently, my generation has an instilled fear of anything nuclear – clear out of any rational perspective of the facts. The ridiculous result is that my generation would rather burn our natural resources, pouring millions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, leading to a nightmare scenario very similar to the one we feared as children! Unfortunately, my generation must pass from the political scene in America before nuclear energy can re-emerge to cure the world’s problems.

From 1960
World Blown Up.jpg
From 1961
H-Bomb.jpg
Blow Up The World.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change