No Healthcare Insurance!

Martin Hash

No Healthcare Insurance!

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:42 am

When something doesn’t make sense, and the more you consider it the less sense it makes, then it’s probably nonsense. That’s my sense of the current “healthcare” bill being pushed by the Democrats in the U.S. congress. Why is what the Democrats are proposing called “healthcare” when it’s all about insurance? “Insurance” is a business that makes money selling nothing. Either socialize healthcare or let it collapse under its own unsustainable profit-seeking foundational weaknesses, but certainly don’t do the exact opposite of what Democrats are always complaining about – don’t put it in the hands of business! The healthcare system in America fails because it’s a natural monopoly. How many ads do you see claiming lower prices for medical care? Where are the sales? What exactly are your options if the alternative is you or someone you love is going to die?! I admire business; business is the backbone of America BUT the judicial system knows all about monopolies and how they ultimately destroy business, that’s why there are so many antimonopoly laws. The things business can’t do - government should. Socialize healthcare ("public option") or do nothing.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

John

Re: No Healthcare Insurance!

Post by John » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:10 am

Martin,

I so agree with you here. Congress and Obama are trying to please all the people (and special interests) all the time. And that will only result in pleasing none of the people all of the time.

My expectation is the Democrats suffer huge defeats in 2010 and 2012. The Republicans leave in the individual mandate but strip from the bill any cost containment (if there actually is any enforceable containment in the bill). And we end up back at square one only with 40 million people being forced to buy overpriced insurance.

(reposted on http://www.DemocracyforVancouver.org/co ... alth-care/