Why Women Travel More Than Men

Smitty-48

Re: Why Women Travel More Than Men

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:50 pm

mydogjesse wrote:Women have dominance hierarchies; they just function differently from men's. Everyone knows who the Queen Bee is and who her immediate cohort is.
True, but the venue is generally not in the alley nor the street, and only in the most extreme circumstances does it reach the threshold of physical violence, to wit, some Queen Bee may indeed be a bitch to you on the train, but generally you're not expecting her to follow you out of the station and smash all your teeth out in an explosively violent ambush without quarter nor warning. When you're a dude, you better recognize, that shit can and does happen in dude world, all day every day.

As with General Mattis, every single person I meet, I make a plan to kill, without even thinking about it consciously, although, I have been indoctrinated to do so.
Nec Aspera Terrent

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:06 pm

Smitty-48 wrote: True, but the venue is generally not in the alley nor the street, and only in the most extreme circumstances does it reach the threshold of physical violence, to wit, some Queen Bee may indeed be a bitch to you on the train, but generally you're not expecting her to follow you out of the station and smash all your teeth out in an explosively violent ambush without quarter nor warning. When you're a dude, you better recognize, that shit can and does happen in dude world, all day every day.
True, violence is near unheard of among women. That said, it's relatively rare among men, too, isn't it? I've heard major arguments among men of similar social standing and someone winds up taking over whatever they were arguing about and shoving the other guy out or relegating him to a minor role, but they don't come to blows. If they did they'd lose their standing as the BMOC/guy in charge/head honcho/etc.

Edited to add: I'm guessing it's been a long time since you've had to hit someone, metaphorically or otherwise, since at some point you crossed over the threshold from gaining power to exercising it, correct?
Last edited by MilSpecs on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:royalty-queen:

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:22 pm

mydogjesse wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote: True, but the venue is generally not in the alley nor the street, and only in the most extreme circumstances does it reach the threshold of physical violence, to wit, some Queen Bee may indeed be a bitch to you on the train, but generally you're not expecting her to follow you out of the station and smash all your teeth out in an explosively violent ambush without quarter nor warning. When you're a dude, you better recognize, that shit can and does happen in dude world, all day every day.
True, violence is near unheard of among women. That said, it's relatively rare among men, too, isn't it?
Statistically overall perhaps, but really depends on where, when and how you roll, and as a man who has been in many violent confrontations indeed, because the stakes are so high, statistical likelihood is generally not something that gives one comfort, nor any reason to be complacent.

Fact of the matter is, dude world can bite you without any warning, at the drop of a hat, with plausibly lethal effects or even worse, so it's best to be indoctrinated for worst case scenario rather than statistical analysis of your chances.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:43 pm

mydogjesse wrote: Edited to add: I'm guessing it's been a long time since you've had to hit someone, metaphorically or otherwise, since at some point you crossed over the threshold from gaining power to exercising it, correct?
Not that long, no, had to use force just the other day, road rage numpty chased me into the parking lot to play pokey chest, didn't hit him though, just a little twist of the wrist to back his crab claw off, applied with just enough force and deftness, to send the message that he was in over his head and best reconsider, which he did, rubbing his sore wrist all the back to his car, forthwith.

I exercised power over him with 545 hp when I cut him off, but had to gain compliance from him when he went pokey chimp on me at the next stop.
Nec Aspera Terrent

boethius

Post by boethius » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:35 pm

In the US, that shit will get you shot.

In an armed society, I am very polite society (especially if I am also armed).
Still got my foreskin thanks for asking. - Montegriffo.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Oh, I've had guns drawn on me in Canada on a few occasions, make no mistake. Never once had a gun drawn on me in the USA, other than by the Military Police at Fort Knox that is.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:13 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I exercised power over him with 545 hp when I cut him off, but had to gain compliance from him when he went pokey chimp on me at the next stop.
How about you stop being a jackhole and cutting people off?

As for OP, I don't accept the premise that women travel more than men. And it's a long, long, LONG stretch to connect that to any sort of 'social dominance' dynamic. You guys are reaching hard.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:16 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:How about you stop being a jackhole and cutting people off?
When people get out of the fast lane driving slow, I won't have to make moves to get around them, when said people stop trying to slam the door on me when I do, I won't have to put my foot down.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
When people get the out of the fast lane driving slow, I won't have to make moves to get around them, when said people stop trying to slam the door on me when I do, I won't have to put my foot down.
Fair enough, but isn't it also possible that he was in the process of moving out of your way, and you knew it, yet decided to 'teach him a lesson' anyway, making you the aggressor in this situation? :ugeek:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:26 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
When people get the out of the fast lane driving slow, I won't have to make moves to get around them, when said people stop trying to slam the door on me when I do, I won't have to put my foot down.
Fair enough, but isn't it also possible that he was in the process of moving out of your way, and you knew it, yet decided to 'teach him a lesson' anyway, making you the aggressor in this situation? :ugeek:
On the contrary, he saw a Nissan GT-R Supercar coming up behind him and decided he would be a dick about it, to teach me a lesson for having the temerity to own one, he was boxing me in on purpose, happens all the time when you drive a tight whip, trust me.

The fact that he then flipped out and followed me off three exits later just to come poke me in the chest about it, clearly indicates that he was the one having a bad day with a need to lash out at someone.

The fact that I could have torn him asunder with my bare hands with ease, but only gave him a little tweak to send him back on his way, shows what a gentle man I really am.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent