Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Speaker to Animals

Re: Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Yes, there ya go. Ignore everything else, it's all just black and white. 2 colors.

Exactly according to plan.

If you flood the labor market with workers, wages fall. This is basic economics, dude. You can't escape it without rent controls. That's what minimum wage actually is.

If we shut down immigration for a generation, and kicked out the illegals and visa holders, then I think we could eventually limit minimum wage to just dealing with kids. Our society is flushing down a toilet because of immigration and no amount of hand-waving can hide the fact any longer.
... you mean after the third world starves, and food skyrockets to $30/cheeseburger, and welfare is slashed to get people into the fields, and whatever-is-left of our economy and society lurches back to life?

The economies of the third world are not our responsibility. Our responsibility is to ourselves. We need to stop killing ourselves because of foreigners. This is pathological altruism weaponized against the American people.

Nor will you get $30 cheeseburgers. Get real.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 03, 2017 11:41 am

And another thing.. I am tired of seeing fast food restaurants being staffed by workers other than teenagers and retirees. I am tired of seeing people trying to raise their families like that because all the other jobs evaporated from free trade deals while they had to compete with millions of foreigners our government allowed into this country to decimate our lives.

Fuck that and fuck you for demanding it.

Learn to care more about your own countrymen than you do about the third world.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 03, 2017 11:41 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

If you flood the labor market with workers, wages fall. This is basic economics, dude. You can't escape it without rent controls. That's what minimum wage actually is.

If we shut down immigration for a generation, and kicked out the illegals and visa holders, then I think we could eventually limit minimum wage to just dealing with kids. Our society is flushing down a toilet because of immigration and no amount of hand-waving can hide the fact any longer.
... you mean after the third world starves, and food skyrockets to $30/cheeseburger, and welfare is slashed to get people into the fields, and whatever-is-left of our economy and society lurches back to life?

The economies of the third world are not our responsibility. Our responsibility is to ourselves. We need to stop killing ourselves because of foreigners. This is pathological altruism weaponized against the American people.

I could post links, but I've posted links. I've argued with your for thousands of words now, and nothing makes a dent. You ignore, deflect, and repeat your one-minded view.

I'm just hoping this gets through to someone that's willing to actually think about it.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:And another thing.. I am tired of seeing fast food restaurants being staffed by workers other than teenagers and retirees. I am tired of seeing people trying to raise their families like that because all the other jobs evaporated from free trade deals while they had to compete with millions of foreigners our government allowed into this country to decimate our lives.

Fuck that and fuck you for demanding it.
Has nothing to do with free trade deals, and nothing to do with illegals. Whatever. Keep nomming that big juicy media cock, you toon.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I could post links, but I've posted links. I've argued with your for thousands of words now, and nothing makes a dent. You ignore, deflect, and repeat your one-minded view.

I'm just hoping this gets through to someone that's willing to actually think about it.

It's not a one-minded view. It's economics. It's literally the first thing you learn in macroeconomics.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 03, 2017 11:44 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

It's not a one-minded view. It's economics. It's literally the first thing you learn in macroeconomics.
Yes, and thank god we never need anything beyond that. All of it literally comes down to ONE SINGLE RULE that we have to remember, and the rest is all irrelevant.

One wonders what the entire field of economics is doing all day.. Probably just reciting that rule to each other, I imagine.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 03, 2017 11:52 am

As far as The Poor & Middle Class go: immigration & "Free" Trade are bad things. However, for the economy as a whole, and especially for The Rich, those are good things: rising tide & all that.

Only tax policy can correct for this: that's why high Progressive tax rates are important. (High inheritance taxes are important to prevent an aristocracy.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 03, 2017 11:54 am

Martin Hash wrote:As far as The Poor & Middle Class go: immigration & "Free" Trade are bad things. However, for the economy as a whole, and especially for The Rich, those are good things: rising tide & all that.

Only tax policy can correct for this: that's why high Progressive tax rates are important. (High inheritance taxes are important to prevent an aristocracy.)
Immigration and free trade have no effect on the Middle Class - only the poor. Middle Class does not mean 'factory worker' any more. It's office drones and middle-management.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 03, 2017 11:59 am

adwinistrator wrote:Image
I've been looking at this graph. Of course, Inheritance taxes only come from the super wealthy (>$5mil), but the Payroll taxes are even worse than I thought. For those of you who listen to my podcasts, Payroll taxes are the most regressive tax there is for workers. (Sales tax is the most regressive because it applies to everyone, even people who earn nothing.) The Rich do not pay Payroll Taxes. There is no greater example of subsidizing The Rich than Payroll taxes. (Corporate Income taxes also subsidize The Rich because all shareholders are responsible, so it spreads the burden. Actually, there should be NO Corporate Income taxes, all profit should be passed through to the owners who then pay at their Progressive tax rate.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 03, 2017 12:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
adwinistrator wrote:Image
I've been looking at this graph. Of course, Inheritance taxes only come from the super wealthy (>$5mil), but the Payroll taxes are even worse than I thought. For those of you who listen to my podcasts, Payroll taxes are the most regressive tax there is for workers. (Sales tax is the most regressive because it applies to everyone, even people who earn nothing.) The Rich do not pay Payroll Taxes. There is no greater example of subsidizing The Rich than Payroll taxes. (Corporate Income taxes also subsidize The Rich because all shareholders are responsible, so it spreads the burden. Actually, there should be NO Corporate Income taxes, all profit should be passed through to the owners who then pay at their Progressive tax rate.)
I'm not against this. But none of it matters, until the loopholes are closed.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace