Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Smitty-48

Re: Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:11 pm

The firm of Goldwater, Moore, Buffet, Friedman, Beckwith and Armstrong.

That's all I need.

Bezos is a cash hoarder.

Bust that Trust, Bull Moose.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:11 pm

There’s nothing wrong with using Bezos as an example.
The problem lay with the Yang clowns and Low-info talking point repeaters who suffer from severe Dunning-Kruger effect.

It’s the audience, not the example.
;)
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:13 pm

If the Bezos rent seekers are allowed to hoard the cash without the Bull Moose bustin' that shit up?

It's just a matter of time until the Wypipo start demanding a UBI to get some flow.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Can Jeff Bezos afford Amazon prime, or is he having to cut back in preparation for the dick-pic divorce?
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:16 pm

I gave him links to how exactly Bezos is a rent-seeking pile of garbage, and he still persists in just ignoring it and proclaiming Bezos some kind of capitalist icon. LMFAO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Much as I made a mint off of AAPL, the reason I decided to take my profits and get out, is that Steve Jobs is gone, and that was the only FANG left in my portfolio, and I just wanted to be rid of Silicon Valley altogether.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:16 pm
I gave him links to how exactly Bezos is a rent-seeking pile of garbage, and he still persists in just ignoring it and proclaiming Bezos some kind of capitalist icon. LMFAO
You repeated talking points everyone knows and immediately ceases to produce anything of value once the conversation moved beyond your bumper-sticker contributions.

We all saw you devolve into playground antics as soon as I said I agreed with removing Amazon’s subsidies for the third time. That dummy-panic set in and you immediately had to go full ad-hom because you know that once your talking points are addressed you got nothing.

Derp.

Like I said, it’s the audience, not the example. Smart people can address the nuances of Amazon’s success. Dummies panic and screech.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:20 pm
Much as I made a mint off of AAPL, the reason I decided to take my profits and get out, is that Steve Jobs is gone, and that was the only FANG left in my portfolio, and I just wanted to be rid of Silicon Valley altogether.
What you got against Sillicon Valley? Do you hate diversity or something?
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Bezos is not required, if you had invested $12 in Berskshire when Buffet bought it, that's $240 million now.
Nec Aspera Terrent

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Manwithnoname wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:29 am
MilSpecs wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:32 am

Outside of the philosophical, don’t invest more in an employee stock purchase plan than you can afford to lose. Too much is outside the employees’ sphere of influence. I lost about $100K some years ago and it had nothing to do with the employees’ work ethic.

That said, you assume much. Were all manufacturing jobs filled by mouth breathers in the past? Because those are the people filling the amazon warehouses now. And what eventually happens when the bezos of the world have everything and the workers have nothing? He’s insulated from the results of his actions but all the middle income people who work for him aren’t.
Life is risk. Investment doubly so. Hell, for all I know I could wake up dead tomorrow. And 2.5K a year is just loose change. I'd live if it fell apart. And it would really have to fall apart for me to not get my 50% investment which would be break even. I'm cool with it, especially as it is working, and I see no reason why it wouldn't continue to. People gotta eat, right? Even in the toughest of times.

I assume nothing. You are the one assuming. I'd Trump 30% of the people I work with tomorrow if I had the power. Fired, fired, fired. Kerry Packer (media mogul in Oz and now gone) used to do unannounced walk throughs in his many places once a year, and god help you if you had your feet up on the desk when he came in. Fired. Fuck them and fuck their minimum wage. I work 12 hour shifts. Hard work. Days and nights. I work my arse off because I like my job and love the challenges, but when I see one of those union protected mouth breathers that do the bare minimum, and then agitate for pay rises I have a barely constrained urge to stab them in the face (yeah, I carry a knife as part of my job). Fuck them. Give me their pay and let them go starve somewhere.

As for Bezo... well I wouldn't work for him. I'm not some high school drop out or a single mum that would rather fuck than plan for the future. I'm my own man that will do what I have to do to put food on the table, and good luck to those that figured out how to eat lobster each night.
Or a middle aged guy whose job went away or an old lady whose husband died or someone who has to take any job because their spouse left and the kids need to eat. Or the second job that pays for the insulin.

Yet. In besos world things are better for him when they fall apart for you, and none of us are immune to misfortune. Good planning can hit a wall going very fast for any of us and I say this as a true planner. Even if things don't go south for us, we are susceptible when they go south for others.
:royalty-queen: