Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Ex-California

Re: Minimum Wage Sucks Because

Post by Ex-California » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:30 am

Montegriffo wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
. . . and no, a Monarchy doesn't serve the needs of "the most", it serves the needs of the monarch.
The same could easily be said about some democratic governments.
Like governments, Monarchies come in good, bad and indifferent forms.
The only real difference is the fact that you can't just vote to remove bad Monarchies (unless they are constitutional Monarchies).
You can't just vote to remove bad politicians in our country either, at least until their term is over
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:36 am

Montegriffo wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
. . . and no, a Monarchy doesn't serve the needs of "the most", it serves the needs of the monarch.
The only real difference is the fact that you can't just vote to remove bad Monarchies (unless they are constitutional Monarchies).
The point is a pure democracy is the guaranteed form of government where the needs of "the most" are serviced. Saying monarchs, dictators, oligarchs, whomever *could* serve the needs of the most is pointless, as they could also opt to *not* serve the needs of the most (and often have).
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:15 am

DBTrek wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
The point is a pure democracy is the guaranteed form of government where the needs of "the most" are serviced. Saying monarchs, dictators, oligarchs, whomever *could* serve the needs of the most is pointless, as they could also opt to *not* serve the needs of the most (and often have).
I'm not sure I agree with you there. Many corrupt and inefficient democracies have not served the most. Many would opine that Trump is serving himself and his cronies and the most are not his priority until the next election.
My own government in seeking a hard Brexit are not serving the most when you take into account many of those who voted for leaving would prefer a soft Brexit.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:18 am

Montegriffo wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: The same could easily be said about some democratic governments.
I'm not sure I agree with you there. Many corrupt and inefficient democracies have not served the most. Many would opine that Trump is serving himself and his cronies and the most are not his priority until the next election.
My own government in seeking a hard Brexit are not serving the most when you take into account many of those who voted for leaving would prefer a soft Brexit.
Re: The Brexit, you could argue that the gov is doing the best for the most in spite of most voting for something different. People didn't necessarily vote in the best interest of the nation.

Re: Trump, yeahhhh he's a clown. We're just trying to ignore him.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Re: The Brexit, you could argue that the gov is doing the best for the most in spite of most voting for something different. People didn't necessarily vote in the best interest of the nation.

Damn Grumpy, did you just say the government knows best?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:40 am

The USA (and obviously Britain) aren't pure, direct democracies.
I'm talking about a direct democracy where 51% of the vote carries the day, and there are no representatives empowered to overrule that vote.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:51 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: I'm not sure I agree with you there. Many corrupt and inefficient democracies have not served the most. Many would opine that Trump is serving himself and his cronies and the most are not his priority until the next election.

I'm saying that we need them to know best. What happens if 51% of Americans vote to enslave the other 49?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:56 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

I'm saying that we need them to know best. What happens if 51% of Americans vote to enslave the other 49?

The 49% convince 2% of the majority they were wrong and together they elect somebody like Donald Trump to undo the damage?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:15 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote: Damn Grumpy, did you just say the government knows best?

The 49% convince 2% of the majority they were wrong and together they elect somebody like Donald Trump to undo the damage?
Better example - What happens if 51% want to kick off WW3 after 9/11? You're not fixing that damage.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:21 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Better example - What happens if 51% want to kick off WW3 after 9/11? You're not fixing that damage.
Well shit! We don't need pure democracy to do that. We got us our other world wars pretty damn well without it.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen