Muslims

Martin Hash

Re: Muslims

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:06 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: "Diversity is divisive" - me
Well then you better get your homogenizer out... cuz I have news for you... you have diversity.

Your freaking nation was forged on it... a bit late for second guessing that.

You would have needed a lot of Puritans to avoid the diversity tho. And really has it been all bad?

Diveristy gave you blues, jazz, rock & roll, Chinese take out, Pizza and pretty much everything else that makes America what it is.

You want to roll that all back cuz some Alt-Right propaganda shit "Cultural Marxism" or something. Are you really on that ticket?
All of those things are heterogeneity, the "Melting Pot." Diversity is new. It started about the time of hyphenated-Americans.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:13 pm

One way to see where these ideas come from, and when, is to use Google Book's n-gram viewer:

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?c ... 0"%3B%2Cc0

The term "melting pot" first occurred around 1904 and was relatively unknown until 1920. It wasn't until the 1960s and the rise of institutional marxism that it became quite prevalent.

It's not in any way the founding principle of this country. Nor is the Statue of Liberty for that matter. Send that abomination back to France. It's literally a cult religious image from the French Revolution.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:All of those things are heterogeneity, the "Melting Pot." Diversity is new. It started about the time of hyphenated-Americans.
So slavery was heterogeneity?
Irish-Americans and Italian-Americans didn't exist...
Everyone just "melted" into the pot.
Give me a break with your melting pot.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:16 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:All of those things are heterogeneity, the "Melting Pot." Diversity is new. It started about the time of hyphenated-Americans.
So slavery was heterogeneity?
Irish-Americans and Italian-Americans didn't exist...
Everyone just "melted" into the pot.
Give me a break with your melting pot.

No, DrY. The point is that our immigration policy for CENTURIES was quite discriminatory. The idea that we should just let everybody come here and demolish our culture only came about in the 1960s. It has to stop.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:No, DrY. The point is that our immigration policy for CENTURIES was quite discriminatory. The idea that we should just let everybody come here and demolish our culture only came about in the 1960s. It has to stop.
Letting people demolish your culture is a bad idea.
I'm not advocating that.
But you have diversity... and have had it for some time now, (and you have benefitted from that diversity.)

No point in pretending you don't.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:21 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:No, DrY. The point is that our immigration policy for CENTURIES was quite discriminatory. The idea that we should just let everybody come here and demolish our culture only came about in the 1960s. It has to stop.
Letting people demolish your culture is a bad idea.
I'm not advocating that.
But you have diversity... and have had it for some time now, (and you have benefitted from that diversity.)

No point in pretending you don't.

Just because we already are plagued by this doesn't somehow justify adding more of it.

Americans don't even get along with Americans at this point. We don't need to add even more people into it.

And we don't even need immigration right now anyway. We don't need anybody. We already don't have enough jobs.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:24 pm

This debate is kind of elliptical. I think DrY & I agree that immigration is by-n-large good, and that cultural appropriation & integration is a good thing. But that's not what we have now: The Left despises both cultural appropriation & eschews integration. They're divisory about diversity.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Just because we already are plagued by this doesn't somehow justify adding more of it.
But you aren't only plagued by it...
It is also what made you great in the first place.
What would American be without Rock and Roll?
What would it have been if it hadn't allowed the population to expand through immigration?
What would it have been without the Irish and the Italians and the dozens of other immigrant groups that formed flourishing cultural hubs in your cities. The Chinatowns and the Little Italies.
You would have been less of a nation without your diversity...

That's not to say you should let it run out of control... I don't actually think cutting back immigration is necessarily a bad thing.
Take some time to consolidate... Pull yourselves together.
Immigration is not a pure good, nor a pure evil... but you have benefitted from diversity in the past and you likely will continue to as long as you are wise about it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:33 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Just because we already are plagued by this doesn't somehow justify adding more of it.
But you aren't only plagued by it...
It is also what made you great in the first place.
What would American be without Rock and Roll?
What would it have been if it hadn't allowed the population to expand through immigration?
What would it have been without the Irish and the Italians and the dozens of other immigrant groups that formed flourishing cultural hubs in your cities. The Chinatowns and the Little Italies.
You would have been less of a nation without your diversity...

That's not to say you should let it run out of control... I don't actually think cutting back immigration is necessarily a bad thing.
Take some time to consolidate... Pull yourselves together.
Immigration is not a pure good, nor a pure evil... but you have benefitted from diversity in the past and you likely will continue to as long as you are wise about it.
Yes, we are plagued by it. Research has even proven that it is alienating and detrimental to society.

No, it did not make us great. We became great despite of it.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:34 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Yes, we are plagued by it. Research has even proven that it is alienating and detrimental to society.

No, it did not make us great. We became great despite of it.
I don't buy that...

But then again I'm Canadian... we pretty much rock diversity.