Muslims

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Muslims

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:56 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
DrYouth wrote:Sharia law... bad

true dat

implications?
You guys don't even have the will power to uphold free speech. What makes you think you won't bend the knee to sharia law when/if you manage to take in enough Muslims?
We've been resisting Christian Sharia Law for 200+ years. What makes you think that we wouldn't do the same with Muslim Sharia Law?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:04 pm

Actually we got along just find with "Christian sharia law" up until the sixties when a communist Jew subverted our constitution, as they will do.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engel_v._Vitale

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Confusing argument there Nuke...

You will cave to Sharia law because you deemed it unlawful to enforce religious practice in public schools.

Help me with this.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:42 pm

DrYouth wrote:Confusing argument there Nuke...

You will cave to Sharia law because you deemed it unlawful to enforce religious practice in public schools.

Help me with this.
He's drawing some kind of dichotomy between Christian and Muslim religious law. You're for one or the other, apparently, as they of course represent Absolute Good and Evil, in the mind of the loyal Believer.

Just my guess.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Help me with this.
He's drawing some kind of dichotomy between Christian and Muslim religious law. You're for one or the other, apparently, as they of course represent Absolute Good and Evil, in the mind of the loyal Believer.

Just my guess.
Sharia law is a completely different animal than what we had before communist Jews started enforcing the separation of church and state, unnecessarily. We got along fine as a majority white Christian nation. It's not as evil as it seems to some modern day liberals to throw up a tribute to a magical sky god every now and then. It's a lot different than caning women for example. False dichotomy. Perhaps a closer comparison could be made with the Puritans of the colonies pre Revolution but that's about it.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Sharia law is a completely different animal than what we had before communist Jews started enforcing the separation of church and state, unnecessarily. We got along fine as a majority white Christian nation. It's not as evil as it seems to some modern day liberals to throw up a tribute to a magical sky god every now and then. It's a lot different than caning women for example. False dichotomy. Perhaps a closer comparison could be made with the Puritans of the colonies pre Revolution but that's about it.
Oh, I get it...

This is one of those Marxist memes again.

You will cave to Sharia Law because you caved to the Marxists!

I still don't entirely follow this argument...

But am I getting closer?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:13 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Help me with this.

Just my guess.
Sharia law is a completely different animal than what we had before communist Jews started enforcing the separation of church and state, unnecessarily. We got along fine as a majority white Christian nation. It's not as evil as it seems to some modern day liberals to throw up a tribute to a magical sky god every now and then. It's a lot different than caning women for example. False dichotomy. Perhaps a closer comparison could be made with the Puritans of the colonies pre Revolution but that's about it.
Fuck are you talking about?

Regardless, do you really want to live in a theocracy? Even if it's your chosen religion?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:22 pm

DrYouth wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Sharia law is a completely different animal than what we had before communist Jews started enforcing the separation of church and state, unnecessarily. We got along fine as a majority white Christian nation. It's not as evil as it seems to some modern day liberals to throw up a tribute to a magical sky god every now and then. It's a lot different than caning women for example. False dichotomy. Perhaps a closer comparison could be made with the Puritans of the colonies pre Revolution but that's about it.
Oh, I get it...

This is one of those Marxist memes again.

You will cave to Sharia Law because you caved to the Marxists!

I still don't entirely follow this argument...

But am I getting closer?
I'm saying Canadians don't have the spine to stand up to a foreign invader anymore. You will accommodate Muslims. No different from your father over seas does. Enjoy sharia law.
Fuck are you talking about?
Do your dillegence or at least browse the wiki links I provide you before you go off half cocked telling me men don't have an X chromosome.
Regardless, do you really want to live in a theocracy? Even if it's your chosen religion?
It was never a theocracy because the courts made the law and not the church. Learn the difference.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm well aware that men have an X Chromosome. I was mocking the assumption that only women can transfer intelligence because they have 2 of them.

Yes, the courts make the laws in Saudi Arabia too. Those courts are run by humans with human beliefs.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:37 pm

You might be right...
Sharia law in Canada? Yes. The province of Ontario has authorized the use of sharia law in civil arbitrations, if both parties consent. The arbitrations will deal with such matters as property, marriage, divorce, custody and inheritance. The arbitrators can be imams, Muslim elders or lawyers. In theory, their decisions aren't supposed to conflict with Canadian civil law. But because there is no third-party oversight, and no duty to report decisions, no outsider will ever know if they do. These decisions can be appealed to the regular courts. But for Muslim women, the pressures to abide by the precepts of sharia are overwhelming. To reject sharia is, quite simply, to be a bad Muslim.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... cle743980/

This article was also interesting... showing that is less unusual than you might think.

http://vancouversun.com/news/staff-blog ... -the-facts
One Pew Forum report looked at religious law in general.

It illustrated how religious law is widespread, including in North America. It is followed by Christians, Jews, Mormons, Buddhists (especially monks) and members of virtually every religion, particularly conservatives ones.

Roman Catholics have a complex system of religious rules and tribunals, known as canon law. The North American Catholic Church handles roughly 30,000 canon law cases a year – involving marriage annulments, divorce, excommunication, and priestly misconduct.

Jews, especially the Orthodox, also follow an extensive code of religious law, known as halakhah. Rabbinical courts rule mostly on divorce, child custody and business disputes, often in conjunction with civil authorities.

Mormon religious law is handled by male bishops or disciplinary councils, called “stakes.” They rule on adultery, marriage (which Mormons consider “eternal” into the afterlife), divorce, financial wrongdoing and apostasy, which the church defines as promoting teachings in opposition to Mormon doctrine.

Religious law is often less rigorous in mainline Protestantism. But Anglican bishops, for instance, oversee detailed canon codes involving clergy wrongdoing, including in regards to sexual relationships with congregants.

Clearly, religious law is not uncommon in North America. But that doesn’t make shariah uncontroversial.