Enemy Within

Martin Hash

Enemy Within

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Many people are bitter, resentful, envious & perverse, and they’re voting. They will work against the established status quo just for the sense of satisfaction it brings them to tear it down. Combine that with the people who prefer authoritarianism, especially the kind that forces everyone to be at the lowest common denominator, and that’s a significant voting block that must be defended against. These aren’t the same as the ones who simply want power for themselves; these people actually would rather the world devolve to their level. Optimistic Americans must fight against these people; they are the enemy more so than China or Russia. In the past, malcontents & revolutionaries were treated harshly, especially by religion, but the "you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone" aspect of liberty has made us vulnerable.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

heydaralon

Re: Enemy Within

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:15 pm
Many people are bitter, resentful, envious & perverse, and they’re voting. They will work against the established status quo just for the sense of satisfaction it brings them to tear it down. Combine that with the people who prefer authoritarianism, especially the kind that forces everyone to be at the lowest common denominator, and that’s a significant voting block that must be defended against. These aren’t the same as the ones who simply want power for themselves; these people actually would rather the world devolve to their level. Optimistic Americans must fight against these people; they are the enemy more so than China or Russia. In the past, malcontents & revolutionaries were treated harshly, especially by religion, but the "you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone" aspect of liberty has made us vulnerable.
Agreed.

What is your solution?

Do you think a poll tax is unconstitutional? If you do think it is constitutional, would you be for it?

Personally, I see the wisdom in letting property owners and those with skin in the game have a larger say in how their tax dollars are spent, but a lot of folks scream bloody murder at the very notion. What are your thoughts on this?
Shikata ga nai