Christmas Day Hash, Lima, Peru

Martin Hash

Christmas Day Hash, Lima, Peru

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:44 am

Hashing, the drinking club with a running problem, is something my wife, Gwynne & I, have done several times in Lima with my son Haven who lives there with his family. We were already in Lima for the winter, and my other son, Heath, and his wife were visiting for the holidays so Haven set up a Christmas-themed hash to go trekking on Christmas Day. Lima is bordered to the west by the Pacific ocean, and traffic was ferocious down to the beach in the Miraloma district because apparently a lot of locals go to the beach on Christmas day: The sidewalks were also packed with people & vendors, including one selling pisco sours, and of course had to have one.

Heath Drinking Pisco Sour.jpg
Heath with Pisco Sour

Hash #722, with accompanying t-shirt that said “Santa is cumming for Christmas R U?” started at the waterfront then climbed up the steep hillside where a big Jesus & an even bigger lighted cross overlooked the city. There was also a small Jesus, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and a nondescript statue noticed by no one but the vultures that sat on its head. It was an ideal combination of energy: beach-goers, hashers, Jesus & Christmas.

Statue with Vulture.JPG
Vulture on statue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change