Glacier National Park, MT

Martin Hash

Glacier National Park, MT

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:41 am

Driving into Glacier National Park was the most majestic I’ve ever seen but it was cold & the wind was blowing even though the sun was out. It was just high enough, about 5,000 feet, that I got a little short-of-breath, and of course the mist rolled in and it started raining but we still saw & did everything. It was the end of the summer and the many glaciers were still visible as white patches on the steep mountain peaks: winter would surly renew them for next year’s park visitors.

Combined Glaciers.jpg

The park was simply not made to accommodate much traffic: during the peak season, there would be no stopping to take pictures as a long line of cars snaked along the narrow road. Ranger vehicles with roof-lights flashing waited behind any car that was parked on the side of the road until it’s passengers ran back to move along. However, my wife, Gwynne, & I had little problem stopping at the uncrowded overlooks, and we simply drove by the full ones. Eventually we got hungry and headed to a store at Lake McDonald which seemed appropriate because we go to McDonald’s every day. I suggested if we couldn’t find anywhere to park, I’d just expose myself: a bare sighting to scare everyone off.

Gwynne & Martin at McDonald Falls.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Re: Glacier National Park, MT

Post by C-Mag » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:36 pm

Try Glacier distillery in Coram

Add to your whiskey collection
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience