Jackson Hole, WY

Martin Hash

Jackson Hole, WY

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:38 am

Two decades ago, my wife, Gwynne, & I were in Jackson Hole, WY. It’s home base for the Grand Teton & Yellowstone National parks in the summer, and skiing in the winter; plus it’s known for the jet-setters & famous people that go there. That’s also why it’s my favorite tourist town of all time due to the quality/kitsch of the artwork. I’ve since learned that’s intentional: talented/famous sculptures & painters settle in Jackson Hole because of this fact. It’s usual to see so many beautiful original bronze castings for exorbitant prices, and worth it!

Art Gallery & Ben.jpg

Our motel was modest yet it ranked as the most expensive I’ve ever rented by at least twice, but it was located in the tourist district. The last time in Jackson Hole, I bought an Indian-beaded belt which I wore-out from being my favorite & it was our quest to replace it: Gwynne & I searched for the store from last time and eventually found it but we had to stand outside waiting for it to open. The staff was friendly, and original. When I told the gal at the register my story, she said, “I used to be the youngest.” I replied, “So was I,” She stared at Gwynne, said “You’re familiar.” Gwynne was wearing sunglasses as she always did, and with her long blond hair hair & moviestar features, plus the nature of Jackson Hole, the shopkeeper though she was a celebrity. She kept asking Gwynne who she was? (I’m she Gwynne liked the attention.) I bought a belt even though it did cost as much as the motel room, or maybe because of it?

Belt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Re: Jackson Hole, WY

Post by DBTrek » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:30 am

I dig the travel diary entries.
Just thought I'd leave some feedback.
Nice belt.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Re: Jackson Hole, WY

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:47 pm

Is the antler arch still there ?