Seattle Waterfront – April 2, 2021

Martin Hash

Seattle Waterfront – April 2, 2021

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:45 am

Seattle is Washington’s premiere city, and is always exciting to visit, particularly Pike’s Place at the waterfront. The bread-bowl clam chowder is always a draw, and I like seafood in general, especially fried oysters. It was chilly, and I’d forgotten my jacket, so I bought a cheap “Seattle” sweatshirt with the “Fraser” design on the front; an icon that only Boomers would love. My wife, Gwynne, wouldn’t leave until we found the “gum wall.” Nearby was a machine with stale gumballs which she chewed up and stuck on the wall. There were a couple young kids standing next to us holding their noses who were grossed out; me too.

Gum Wall c.JPG

It’s been awhile since we’ve been and they’ve added a Ferris Wheel; of course, Gwynne wanted to ride it. I was more interested in the vintage comicbook shop but, whatever, they served beer in the waiting line. The ride was a stop-n-go affair, perfect for looking out over the bay; easily worth the ticket price. I always enjoy visiting Seattle; last time we were there was for a Century Club meeting (a 100+ countries visited travel club) that transitioned into a Gay Pride parade, and I even lived nearby for a while in 1993 during the Grunge era, but for now I’m okay just visiting occasionally.

Ferris Wheel.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change