Olympic National Park - June 22, 2013

Martin Hash

Olympic National Park - June 22, 2013

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:22 pm

My wife, Gwynne, son, Heath, and his dog, Annie, went to Olympic National Park for Gwynne's birthday. We lived in the same state, and thought, perhaps after 30 years, we should go there. The park is on the Olympic Peninsula, in the NW corner of Washington, isolated by the Pacific Ocean on the west and mountains on the east. In-between is one of the only temperate rainforests in America, with 150 inches of rainfall a year, the wettest in the continental U.S. Theodore Roosevelt, the Environmental president, designated the region in 1909.

Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort.jpg

The Sol Duc Hot Springs, located deep within the forest, are famous, and of course, that's where we were going. But before getting into the steamy waters, we took a couple hikes around the area, specifically to Mink Lake. Haven lives in Seattle, and the last time we were up there, we happened to see him driving through a crowd (he did know about where we were); that's happened multiple times, so I had this feeling when I saw the main road ahead of us on the trail, that he would be driving in. I actually had my camera up just in case, and sure enough, the next car coming down the road was him!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change